lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #11
Zx9rgreen
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 48v stops after short 1/2 mile drive

Looks like I got taken, the batteries look awesome and almost new but are stamped E1 which makes them 7 yrs old ��
Zx9rgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #12
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

7 years is a pretty good life for lead acid batteries ... they must have been well taken care of ... but looks like they may be starting to fail. You will find out more about their capacity by doing the load test on each one. You might find just one battery failing and can replace that with a good used one ... or you might just bite the bullet and replace them all .
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

At 7 years, don't waste any $ mixing & matching. Time for new ones.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Check the top of the battery casing for a laser stamped date code (or imprinted in the lead terminal), then check the Trojan site (or search BGW) for how to read it to find out the actual manufacturing date. If under 2 years old, you may be able to get warranty coverage on it / them (as long as they were previously maintained ... make sure the electrolyte level is correct)
Also must add, the stamped date is Not the "actual manufacture date", but when they expect you will be seeing them on the shelves. I get "future batteries" quite regularly, as in batteries stamped for a month we aren't in yet (example "A8" batteries in December 2017). Talk about fresh! Or is it just a dirty little trade secret?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #15
Zx9rgreen
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for all of the information, I'll end up a regular here and I really appreciate it the quick responses and I'll try to repay the wisdom. I can get the Napa BAT 8148 for $125 each, worth it?
Zx9rgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #16
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx9rgreen View Post
Thanks guys for all of the information, I'll end up a regular here and I really appreciate it the quick responses and I'll try to repay the wisdom. I can get the Napa BAT 8148 for $125 each, worth it?
There are a lot of discussions on the BGW forum about what batteries perform the best ... and it seems that there is a lot of varied opinion about what batteries are the best bang for your buck. A lot of members include Trojan, US Battery and Crown in the top 3. Others are happy with the performance of other makes.

You might want to do a BGW search on batteries and do a little light (or not so light) reading.

Here in an interesting recent post: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-florida.html

I understand that battery prices vary depending on where you are located. For a comparison, I would also price out Trojan T-875's for your cart.

Even if you do replace all of you batteries, for that sake of science, it would be interesting to see load test results for your present (failing) battery pack.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha