lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2010 Polaris breeze won't stay running

Hello all, new to forum and desperate for some help. I have alot of 12 volt knowledge but i am stumpped.I cannot find a shop electrical drawing for this cart. When I call local Polaris dealer they laugh at me and say they never seen one before, and gemcar dealer does not have this cart on file.
Here is the problem, batteries are good new charged and hold 48v. When I turn main switch under seat on(tow-power switch) nothing happens. Solenoid is new as well. If I plug in the charger (I over ride the timer to energise with an on off) then power the main switch the sevcon brain comes alive. Green light. I unplug charger and I can now turn key on and will go forward or back(on jackstands) and all accessories work for as long as I keep movement on tires. If I leave it rest 10-15 seconds the sevcon goes to sleep and I cannot wake it up. Mainswitchoff-charger plugged back in-mainswitch on-charger on and boom..alive again. Something is stimulating the system when I plug it in that wakes it up...that's what i need to figure out. Can anyone help or have a shop Manuel in pdf ?
Ps called Joe at sevcon and he said the brain either works or does not, so I assume it's something with the cart. Thanks for any help Todd
Toddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 Polaris breeze won't stay running

Does the controller flash a code?

Jump the key switch, they are notorious for issues, see if that cures your issue The cars are really easy to work on.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #3
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

At one time it would flash 4. But since I found the sequence to get it excited again it just turns off after the 10-15 seconds, no code. I have a perfect read in the key (continuity she switched) I can try removing the leads and jumping with alligator clip.
Is there any other sequence? Key off, trigger main on, key in and go once selector is chosen?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Tried the key bypass. Nothing.
Main switch off, key off, plug in charger, main on..controller comes alive.
If I don't do that it won't energise the controller.

Can the solenoid not be the correct amperage or winding for this car? Does that matter at all...it's new but from and ezgo 48v
Old 08-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Solenoid can be the issue. That cars likes a good solenoid. The Club car Albright solenoid is the one I put in. Aftermarket stuff doesn't seem to hold up. You also see that the small wires on the solenoid just press on, did you cut those off and put eyelets?

Run tow switch is another weak area. Bypass the key switch, bypass the run tow switch.
Code 4 is solenoid related, usually, but could be something else, you know how that goes.
The battery indicator gauge should light up when key switch is turned on. Let me know if it doesn't.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I will get another solenoid to rule that out. The main switch was jumped while I did the key jump. I will jump them both with the new solenoid. All accessories work accept the battery indicator. Did not check for voltage there yet.
Thanks for the input to date...��
Old 08-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #7
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The Albright in the club car has a diode and or resistor. Do you place on on these cars as well? It did not have one she I got it. It also has a positive sticker on the solenoid, I assume this is the sevcon side B+ correct?
Old 08-22-2018, 06:07 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddster View Post
The Albright in the club car has a diode and or resistor. Do you place on on these cars as well? It did not have one she I got it. It also has a positive sticker on the solenoid, I assume this is the sevcon side B+ correct?
Just leave all that stuff on and make sure positive is positive
Old 08-22-2018, 06:09 PM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Ill add, with the gauge not lighting up that's a key issue the majority of the time.

Pull the wiring down from the access panel under the dash. I haven't seen one in awhile, and Im not sure what they are calling it, but its like a relay. Remove it, if it has one. Its just a small box and easy to bypass. Take it out if it has one in the wiring.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #10
Toddster
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Placed new Albright in...jumped key, jumped tow, had no relay under dash, won't wake up. Plug charger in jump tow and bam awake, can do what I want...just not stop for more than 10 seconds it goes to sleep and need charger again. While energised there is voltage at the indicator so I guess it's defective. ...totally baffled...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts