lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lighted FWD/REV switch?

I would like to replace my stock forward/reverse switch on the dash with a lighted one.

Most of the lighted switches I have seen are rated for 12v or 24v. I measured the voltage at my stock switch and it is 50v.

Will one of these switches work?

Dorman 84945 Clear Glow 20 Amp On/Off/On Electrical Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ID2RU5E..._7sqTBbDMSPYD1
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lighted FWD/REV switch?

No info on provided site. A quick Google of "Dorman 84945" yields:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-83342-84945.aspx

which also has no info on the "lights". Can't tell if these are incandescents or LEDs, but in either event, we cannot determine the voltage needed to light them up.

You need something that works between the lowest your pack will see, and the highest, which may occur during charging. If they're LEDs, you also need to pay attention to polarity. They will also only work when your switch has power, which may be different depending on cart type. I'm not familiar with TXTE-48V.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #3
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. I have that switch and it has LEDs for indicator lights. It has 12v and 24v stamped on the side.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd contact the manufacturer at their website, and see if they have one in the range you need. Look at a wiring diagram, and see if your switch can be powered while charging. If not, the highest it would see is your battery pack JUST AFTER completion of charge. The lowest it would see is the deepest your pack drops while under load, after a long day of driving. Nominal voltage should never be below 48, but under load, that will drop.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO