lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Stalling uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuck View Post
Series cart. That was my goal with the gears, to counteract the tires and keep all the performance gains from the power upgrades. I know it wasn’t necessary but I found them for a screaming good price so I went ahead and did it.
AXE, SPM or SR controller?

If the problem is repeatable, you can record a pretty decent data log from the latter two, but not nearly as much info recorded with the AXE.

Might have a bad cable, bad connection, or bad contacts in the F/R assembly or in the solenoid. With any of those, the battery pack voltage will be good under load, but the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals will drop drastically.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #12
wyatt3d
Not Yet Wild

did you ever get this issue figured out? I have a similar set up and am having similar issues. cart will cut out completely, then after "resting" for several minutes it will usually get me back fine. ran through all the diagnostics while the cart is dead and I have full pack voltage at B- to M with pedal fully depressed and 5.44 V at pin #2 with pedal fully depressed. I'm thinking it's something with the controller because the cart is running either great, or not at all.
wyatt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wyatt, this is a bit different than the original poster's problem. The controller may be going into thermal shutdown and then after cooling off it goes back to work. This event will repeat more frequently until eventually it will not come back online.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #14
wyatt3d
Not Yet Wild

You nailed it Scotty. Just got off the phone with Alltrax and they said the same thing. Guess I’ll be ordering a new one.
wyatt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #15
99DawgTXT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 1999 TXT with an Alltrax DCX400 and HD Solenoid. 6X Duracell GC2 battery pack. Has 6" lift and 22" tires.
My cart recently has been acting similar when traveling uphill, it weakens and the solenoid is heating up and putting off an electric burning smell. Looking at troubleshooting ideas!
99DawgTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99DawgTXT View Post
I have a 1999 TXT with an Alltrax DCX400 and HD Solenoid. 6X Duracell GC2 battery pack. Has 6" lift and 22" tires.
My cart recently has been acting similar when traveling uphill, it weakens and the solenoid is heating up and putting off an electric burning smell. Looking at troubleshooting ideas!
Issues... 22" tires on a DCS motored cart. And trying to push it up hills with 36V.

It was designed to haul a pair of golfers with 2 bags of golf clubs and a very small amount of liquid refreshments around a golf course for 18 holes of golf.

The DCS motor is an early E-Z-GO SepEx (Seperately Excited) motor. It was intended, and likely tuned (via the motor map), more for low torque at higher RPM than it was for high torque at low RPM.

With 22" tires, your motor is being asked to deliver much more torque with the same voltage as it was designed to need for golfing.

You are probably going to need an updated map for the DCX400 controller, tuned for much more more low RPM torque. 42V of battery bank would definitely help the motor to develop more low end torque to climb the hills.

Maybe consider replacing the motor with a 48V compatible torque motor. That DCS motor can survive 42V for a while, but not for long when being abused.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO