lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 Gas EZGO Marathon

You were very clear. The Driver's side switch is working properly. The only thing it does is turn on the reverse buzzer. That's why it only has continuity in reverse. Forget about it. It doesn't control anything but the buzzer.

The passenger switch is not working properly. It should have continuity in both directions. DO NOT CONNECT THOSE TWO SWITCHES TOGETHER.

This is the series connection you should have... From the fuse to the key switch. From the output side of the key switch to the neutral switch (passenger side switch). From the neutral switch to the pedal switch. From the pedal switch to the small terminal of the solenoid. The other small terminal of the solenoid connects to ground. That is most likely the C terminal of the FnR switch.

At the hot side of the key switch, there should be a 2nd wire. It powers the reverse buzzer. Most of them have been removed because of the noise.

As I said before, since the neutral switch is not working, you can bypass it. Wire directly from the key switch to the pedal switch, then the solenoid.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #22
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much. I will resolve tomorrow morning and write with the good results. Again, thank you very much.
LenKuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #23
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Ok, did exactly as you said - WORKS GREAT. The deviation to your instructions was wiring a neutral switch. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Now the next adventure - the engine. I checked the compression and it is 125PSI. I would assume that is adequate and do not need to go further on the engine? Thank you.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

125 is like brand new. Does this cart run?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #25
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Well, it runs well when you are traveling, however to start moving is a little slow. It seems the clutch slips a bit starting and then catches abruptly. The previous owner said the carb is bad and should be replaced. I also noticed there was not a fuel filter. I guess I will replace the carb and fuel lines and install a fuel filter. Might as well replace the fuel pump at this point. What are your thoughts?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #26
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Another issue. Why is the left rear tire completely worn on the inside, whereas the the right has normal wear?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #27
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First things that come to mind on an older cart that had some issues are the previous owner could have replaced one tire or bought a set of used, mismatched tires. Hard to say until you have some time with the cart yourself.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #28
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Ok, thank you as that was my thoughts as well. The other issue is it seems the clutch slips a bit starting and then catches abruptly, but appears the Drive clutch is new or jusy cleaned-up really good. What are your thoughts?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #29
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I'd bet that worn tire was on the front at some point and wore uneven, keep an eye on both front tires to see if it's happening again. IF so give it a front end alignment......

It's natural for the engine to rev a bit before the clutch engages, It's set up that way because 2 cycle engines have NO low end torque. The engine needs to rev to higher rpm's to gain it's power and torque.....

If it seems to be running ok I wouldn't go to the expense of replacing the fuel pump or carb, But I would definitely get a fuel filter and replace the fuel line. I prefer the tinted blue or yellow fuel line and a clear fuel filter so as you can see if the fuel is flowing normally, Good Luck...
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #30
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your sage advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO