lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #31
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 Gas EZGO Marathon

Measure how wide the belt is. 1 3/16ths is new. Less than an inch is junk. You can also lube the center shaft of the driven clutch with Moly-lube, Dry Slide, or another graphite based lube.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #32
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

The existing drive belt is 1" so I guess I should replace. The specs call for a 1 13/16 X 45" belt, but I read on the forum (somewhere over the past weeks) that someone used the smaller 1 13/16 X 40 which increased the torque. I would rather use the factory specs belt unless you disagree and tell me to use the smaller belt.
LenKuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:58 AM   #33
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Wow 1" wide is all, Good catch CA. I'd suggest staying with a stock size belt, at least for now.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #34
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Ok, thank you for support and will order immediately. Thank you very much.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #35
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Another issue. Just replaced the fuel pump and carb. It starts fine, but will only run with the choke pulled out half way. As I accelerate, the choke needs still needs to be pulled out. How do I adjust the carb?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #36
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Did you buy an OEM carb or a cheap chinese aftermarket carb? I'm guessing you didn't need to hold the choke before replacement, so I'm going to take a guess and say the $20 china special. IF you opted for the cheap chinese flavor, then do yourself a favor and take it back off. Take the OEM one apart and clean it real good. About the only thing the chinese ones are good for is keeping papers from blowing away in the breeze. Cleaning the OEM carb is always best. If it is badly worn and cannot be simply cleaned then it's still better to buy a used OEM carb and combine the best parts of the 2 OEM carbs to make one good one than it is to go with the china junk.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #37
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

This is an OEM carb. The reason for replacing the old OEM is that the person I bought the cart from said his mechanic the carb needs replacement. Upon removing the old carb, it was rather 'crusty' inside.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #38
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Did it run fine without the choke before replacing it?

Did you replace the gaskets when you replaced the carb? May be an intake leak that was created when you replaced it.

If it was fine before, and now only runs with the choke on then it's got to be something that was changed/created when the carb was replaced. I'd be inclined to give the old one a good cleaning and use it. New one may have different jets or something else not allowing as much fuel through.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #39
LenKuch
Not Yet Wild

Actually, it ran previously with the choke 1/4 out, which is why the previous owner MAY have said the carb needs replacement. I checked the tightness of the intake manifold and replaced the gaskets on on the new carb. Anything else I should check?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO