lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #21
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SR48500 setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Rusty
Can you show the throttle type setting in a picture?

Are you talking about where I selected "TXT ITS"? If so, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you post a monitor file so we can see what the controller sees?

Sure can. I just need to find where the "monitor file" is first. Unless your just talking about the third tab that says "Monitor", and take a picture of that screen where it shows the condition of every thing ex; temp, volts, etc... etc... If there is an actual file I need to get to I may need some instruction on how to extract it.

I apologize for my ignorance to the alltrax program, I just haven't had much time to really sit down and figure it out. I am decent with cpu's, but I litierally get 30-45 min in the evening mon-fri to tinker with this thing due to getting home around 5:30-6, husband duties, 3 kids (1,3 &11). My only real un-interrupted time to mess around with projects is on Sunday mornings before everyone gets up. I literally installed the lift kit in a morning while my family was still asleep...lol...

I am also shocked that there isn't a thorough walk through video out there somewhere on all the options of how to work the alltrax program. Maybe someone needs to make one.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #22
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
Are you talking about where I selected "TXT ITS"? If so, yes.

Sure can. I just need to find where the "monitor file" is first. Unless your just talking about the third tab that says "Monitor", and take a picture of that screen where it shows the condition of every thing ex; temp, volts, etc... etc... If there is an actual file I need to get to I may need some instruction on how to extract it.

I apologize for my ignorance to the alltrax program, I just haven't had much time to really sit down and figure it out. I am decent with cpu's, but I litierally get 30-45 min in the evening mon-fri to tinker with this thing due to getting home around 5:30-6, husband duties, 3 kids (1,3 &11). My only real un-interrupted time to mess around with projects is on Sunday mornings before everyone gets up. I literally installed the lift kit in a morning while my family was still asleep...lol...

I am also shocked that there isn't a thorough walk through video out there somewhere on all the options of how to work the alltrax program. Maybe someone needs to make one.
I've been using the Alltrax Toolkit on a new CC Precedent and on my SR48500. In my opinion, our (series carts and SR Alltrax controllers) options are very basic in the program. The adjustments are easy to do and to understand to me except for the torque curve part but I got it figured out I think. In 30-45 minutes you should be able to set it how you want.

Get a good torque curve like you said you did, set motor reverse speed where you want (I opted for 65%), set max and min voltage (I'm at 28 min 44 max as instructed in Alltrax toolkit manual), set throttle rate (I'm liking it around 50% but still playing with it - this is how aggressive your starts will be), set max motor and battery amps (I'm at 500 as it came that way stock).

Other than that it seems pretty straight forward.

As far as improvement, I went from bone stock to the following:
SR48500/400 Soleniod/|HD F&R switch/2 AWG cables

The improvement is incredible in my opinion. Torque is there for sure, and I gained 2 MPH from previous (did go from 20-22" tires same time).

In the future I'm gonna run a Plum Quick Cobra (runs on 36 and 4 and go 48 volt in a couple of years when I need batteries.

AGain, this is my first foray into these things, so take my advice as just that, a newb's new understanding of these things.
papabearsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I did the auto cal and not much improvement. I just can't seem to get any improvement out of this thing. I adjusted the torque curve to give it more torque with less pedal position (around 50% torque at 22% pedal) and it feels like an improvement upon take off, but once the tires are rolling it feels very sluggish. In honesty I just don't see any performance improvement from stock.

If I get time tonight I am going to install the 2awg wires I bought from ScottyB, hopefully with a better flow of current that will help with torque.

I took pictures of the torque curve to post, but Flickr is not working this morning. As soon as Flickr is up I will post pics.
Please post the pictures of your Curves, something is still not right as the default Torque curve gives You about 75% torque at 22% throttle.

You need to use the radio button on that TAB to switch from Speed (Red curve) to torque (Blue Curve).

There is no advantage in running low torque except on the very start of the curve to prevent the Solenoid (and reversing Contactor) from closing under load.

You should be at 90% torque with 10% throttle.

Use the Speed curve and the throttle rate to make the cart take off smooth.

Make sure You click "Set" on the left before switching from Speed to Torque curves (radio button) to save the current curve to the controller memory.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #24
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have you downloaded the Toolkit manual?

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...t-Manual-1.pdf
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #25
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally, Flickr is working.... All morning it kept saying on their home page that flickr was down for maintenance.

I did some adjusting last night where it seemed like the torque should have been higher at a lesser pedal, but it didn't seem to make much if any difference.

This is the factory torque curves, untouched.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #26
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearsc View Post
I've been using the Alltrax Toolkit on a new CC Precedent and on my SR48500. In my opinion, our (series carts and SR Alltrax controllers) options are very basic in the program. The adjustments are easy to do and to understand to me except for the torque curve part but I got it figured out I think. In 30-45 minutes you should be able to set it how you want.

Get a good torque curve like you said you did, set motor reverse speed where you want (I opted for 65%), set max and min voltage (I'm at 28 min 44 max as instructed in Alltrax toolkit manual), set throttle rate (I'm liking it around 50% but still playing with it - this is how aggressive your starts will be), set max motor and battery amps (I'm at 500 as it came that way stock).

Other than that it seems pretty straight forward.

As far as improvement, I went from bone stock to the following:
SR48500/400 Soleniod/|HD F&R switch/2 AWG cables

The improvement is incredible in my opinion. Torque is there for sure, and I gained 2 MPH from previous (did go from 20-22" tires same time).

In the future I'm gonna run a Plum Quick Cobra (runs on 36 and 4 and go 48 volt in a couple of years when I need batteries.

AGain, this is my first foray into these things, so take my advice as just that, a newb's new understanding of these things.
I appreciate this post. It's keeping my hopes up that I figure this dang issue out and that I will be enjoying the cart soon!

When the throttle was all screwy, I got a short 1 second glimpse of the torque it should have and it gets me pumped up to figure this out. And like I said it was cruising at 14.5 with ease which is almost 2mph faster than it used to be.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #27
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Please post the pictures of your Curves, something is still not right as the default Torque curve gives You about 75% torque at 22% throttle.

You need to use the radio button on that TAB to switch from Speed (Red curve) to torque (Blue Curve).

There is no advantage in running low torque except on the very start of the curve to prevent the Solenoid (and reversing Contactor) from closing under load.

You should be at 90% torque with 10% throttle.

Use the Speed curve and the throttle rate to make the cart take off smooth.

Make sure You click "Set" on the left before switching from Speed to Torque curves (radio button) to save the current curve to the controller memory.
I make sure I click "set" before ever moving from one page to another or toggle between torque and speed. I pretty much click set every time I make an adjustment on the program. I even toggle back to a previous page to make sure it didn't "refresh" to previous settings.

I am really appreciating all the help once again! Y'all are awesome!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #28
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
Have you downloaded the Toolkit manual?

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...t-Manual-1.pdf

Printing it as I type. I will read this thoroughly when I get home.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #29
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is there an "Absolute Throttle" setting with the ITS? It so I would give that a try.

I looked it up and yes there is. Start on page 23 of the manual you just downloaded.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 pages and we still cannot get a picture of the throttle setting?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO