lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #11
Blswan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAktion View Post
I’m not sure what cart you have, but this is my 2016 precedent
Awesome. I bought some plate steel to make a bracket but those photos help. I may go the same route you did. Easier than my cutting and welding the plate steel.
Blswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #12
Blswan
Not Yet Wild

Mounted it on the back side. Use angle iron for brackets and couldn’t reach top mounting bolts so I used a pipe strap. Only concern is the longevity of the pipe strap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40203683-F128-4DEB-BACF-B5AA1BE27A03.jpg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
Blswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Good ole Unistrut!!

Looks good!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #14
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

As you can see, I used a piece of plate steel. It has been bouncing around the golf course for nearly two years without a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Converter in position medium.jpg (82.8 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to clarify the above photo a little. I drilled holes in the plate steel to match up with the holes in the club car and then put a bolt through the steel with a nut on the back; the bolt then went through the steel on the club car and was bolted from behind. This has the effect of standing the steel plate away from the club car which aids in the dispersal of any heat transmitted by the reducer.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #16
battleboro
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Another point, and was Sergio's, is that all accessories should go to the controller B- because on all OBC carts the Hall sensor can only account for energy units it actually has pass through it. So if you hook directly to the Negative on the Battery you bypass the Hall sensor in the OBC and it will not replenish the energy used by your reducer/accessories.....
Just confirming/paraphrasing... the reducer ground goes through the OBC and connects to the controller B-, not *just* connecting to the controller B- (by-passing the OBC), correct?
battleboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #17
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleboro View Post
Just confirming/paraphrasing... the reducer ground goes through the OBC and connects to the controller B-, not *just* connecting to the controller B- (by-passing the OBC), correct?
The reason you connect to B- (rather than just to the pack negative) is that the standard connection to B- has already gone through the OBC so when you connect to B- any power that you pull will be "seen" by the OBC (if you connected straight to the pack negative your pulled power would not be "seen" in this way).

The Precedent (and I think the DS) has a black wire with a yellow bullet connector just sitting behind the batteries. This is already connected to B- so it is the correct thing to connect your negative wire to rather that the pack negative.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #18
cartesian
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
The reason you connect to B- (rather than just to the pack negative) is that the standard connection to B- has already gone through the OBC so when you connect to B- any power that you pull will be "seen" by the OBC (if you connected straight to the pack negative your pulled power would not be "seen" in this way).

The Precedent (and I think the DS) has a black wire with a yellow bullet connector just sitting behind the batteries. This is already connected to B- so it is the correct thing to connect your negative wire to rather that the pack negative.
Think what OP was asking, and I'm looking for the same info, is: There is a hole in middle of the OBC where the last battery -ve goes through to controller. There is a grounding stud back there on my DS. Does the ground wire from the reducer need to go through this same hole (as opposed to under / around the plate that obc is mounted to?

Thanks!
cartesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

No, You just connect any other negative wires to that same stud since the only way that current can get from there to the pack negative is by going to the existing cable from the stud to the battery negative post.

The additional negative wires should not go through the OBC hole, only the pack negative cable goes through there.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #20
cartesian
Not Yet Wild

Gotcha, thanks much for confirming!
cartesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car