lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward reverse switch getting hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Didn't see where you said what voltage that you are running in your cart but I believe that the reversing contactors are voltage specific, I had mine for a little while since I had 36v and knew that I was going to go to 48v later. Well it didn't take to long to get the new batteries and I love the switch, I'll take picture tomorrow and post it for you to see.

Is your cart a series or something else? I just took out my 36v F/R series switch that I don't need if you want that and it will work for you until your ready for the reversing contactor. Just pay shipping and I'll send it to you, mine is a series cart.
OP, You should definitely do this. That way, when you do upgrade, you can get a reversing contactor with a 48 volt coil.

Correction: I would definitely do this.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #22
Indy chiver
Not Yet Wild

You drive a hard bargain but I'll take it at least the cart can move while I figure out what I'm gonna do in the future.

Also had a guy offer me a 400 amp from a 2006 cart , switch solenoid and controller but dont know if that would all swap in . He said it's a 36 volt series cart

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Indy chiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:25 AM   #23
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy chiver View Post
I just rebuilt this thing I'm hoping to keep from putting too much more money into it right now or the wife will make me sleep on it ... girls are silly she kept asking why we had to do anything to the cart in the first place ... hahahah I try to explain to her that customizing things is a billion dollar business to be in and I'm obviously not the only one who is buying parts for **** right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Aaaahhhhh. Tell the wife it's gonna cost $300, then after it's all said and done, you can be a hero and bring it in under budget.
Then, once it's fixed, take some pictures of the kids enjoying the cart. Women are funny about making the kids happy and having those memories!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You drive a hard bargain but I'll take it at least the cart can move while I figure out what I'm gonna do in the future.

Also had a guy offer me a 400 amp from a 2006 cart , switch solenoid and controller but dont know if that would all swap in . He said it's a 36 volt series cart

Series carts are easy. The most you'd ever have to do is cut off the four wire Molex connector at the controller and crimp on four spade connectors. With some solenoids, the studs are a tad larger, so you'll need to carefully drill out two holes on cable ends. Copper is difficult to drill if you've never done it. It can easily be widened with a ream.

Ask him if his FNR is HD.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #25
Indy chiver
Not Yet Wild

I'll ask if it's just stock it's still an upgrade to what I have right . Sorry gas motors I'm good with the electric side is a bit confusing

Old 06-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Looks stock. One thing to be aware of. More amps may help you slow down less on hills, but only more voltage will speed up your cart. If that controller won't do 48 volts down the line, I'm not sure what that would gain you. If you have larger than 18" tires it will help you there, but will strain stock FNR, solenoid, and cables. Depends on price.

Read here about how sparky carts work. I'm fortunate. I grew up playing with sparky stuff and internal combustion stuff.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
Old 06-04-2019, 08:04 AM   #27
Indy chiver
Not Yet Wild

Ok I think I'm just gonna do the stock f and r for now from the guy here and when I upgrade my controller and solenoid I'll upgrade to HD f and r then I should be ok . I dont need this thing to crank two wheel stands down the drag strip. I need it to keep running while I cruise around with a 12 oz. Counterweight in my left hand . I really appreciate you guys. The stick one will help till I can sneak that HD switch in the garage . Then upgrade wires , then controller and motor rework should be all I need to cruise

Old 06-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #28
Indy chiver
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Didn't see where you said what voltage that you are running in your cart but I believe that the reversing contactors are voltage specific, I had mine for a little while since I had 36v and knew that I was going to go to 48v later. Well it didn't take to long to get the new batteries and I love the switch, I'll take picture tomorrow and post it for you to see.

Is your cart a series or something else? I just took out my 36v F/R series switch that I don't need if you want that and it will work for you until your ready for the reversing contactor. Just pay shipping and I'll send it to you, mine is a series cart.
Thanks buddy let me know about when you want to send that. I really appreciate it . I can do zelle straight to you with no fees if that's easier. Than snail mail or PayPal.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #29
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks buddy let me know about when you want to send that. I really appreciate it . I can do zelle straight to you with no fees if that's easier. Than snail mail or PayPal.

Let me know if this looks like it will work and I'll send it out tomorrow, Don't worry about the shipping, my step son is a firefighter in TN and I appreciate what you do for the people of your community. Thank you for your service.
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #30
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Forgot pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190604_180505219.jpg (774.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190604_180509533_TOP.jpg (774.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190604_203923428.jpg (769.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190604_203928917.jpg (788.5 KB, 0 views)
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO