lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #21
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bob Boyce Please look

Bob is on the road at the moment. It could be tonight or tomorrow before he see this thread.fyi
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #22
DeDubbaYa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any chance he’s still in Florida so I can meet him?
DeDubbaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #23
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No that was a week ago. Doing a NC run right now.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDubbaYa View Post
Hey Bob. I hope this post finds you!

Steve Howard recommended I reach out to you and I also saw a few threads on this forum that imply you’re my guy!

I have a 2016, first owner floor model, 72 V ezgo with 9 - 8v acid, new in January, interstate brand batteries. I believe it is a 350 amp speed controller and i have a 7kw motor.

Serial number is 3161057 and part number for the SC is 637729, based on the serial number.

I top out at 16 mph. I would like to program this to go, probably 30 or so mph.

Can you help???? It is tough to find information on this.

I live in Miami, FL.

Riva motorsports wants to bypass the controller to allow full output of my batteries.

Any help is much appreciated!
Do not allow anyone to mess with your controller, unless you like spending thousands of $ to replace your motor and controller. The 72V carts are AC drive, not DC. The controller cannot be bypassed. Sending DC to an AC motor will destroy it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #25
DeDubbaYa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bob Boyce Please look

A local dealer finally got back. They’re using a handheld with a with a harness to connect to my 4 pin plug to program the “governor” and say we’ll get 30-32mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeDubbaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDubbaYa View Post
A local dealer finally got back. They’re using a handheld with a with a harness to connect to my 4 pin plug to program the “governor” and say we’ll get 30-32mph.
There is a lot more to it than just setting speed. The controller is also limited to 20% of its rated torque, and regen braking. The higher level settings cannot be done with an OEM handset, let alone a Dealer handset. But a handset can change values that must not be changed in order to unlock the controller with a higher level programmer.

If they change a single parameter, your controller will get corrupted to the point that I will not be able to unlock it. I do not have a factory reflash file for those older controllers to recover it, so your only option will be to buy a new replacement controller. It's your choice. If you do let them do it, don't bother to contact me afterwards to fix it. I will not even try. Been there, done that.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO