lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

Default What years have a series motor?

Hey guys, new to the forum here, got a couple questions. I'm looking to get a good 48v ds to use as a hunting cart. Through some reading on here, I've decided I definitely want to go with a series motor. I've read that club car stopped using the series and went to sepex in 2004 with the precedent. So my question is do carts only 2003 and under (except for the 95 model) have a series motor? Or are there still newer carts that use the series motor? I know I could purchase a series motor separate and install on a newer cart, but with all else that would need to be changed, that seems quite expensive. Any help or input is appreciated!
Gerling1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What years have a series motor?

All Club Cars were series until the introduction of Regen 1 and Regen 2 (both failed systems) in the late 90s. I believe series carts were produced up until around 2008-10 but don't quote me on that.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Club Car offered series cars from the beginning of their production until 2004. A few "Special Order" units were available all the way up until 2006. But main production stopped in 2004.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

"...except for the 95 model..."

I think all 95 models were series.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

With the availability of so many different types of Sepex motors these days. Is there still a big advantage to a series motor vs a Sepex?

Could have had a regen 1 in 95, but I don’t think that one would be the most common to find unless it’s dead and going cheap. But with as easy as it is to swap stuff around on these, any cart you can get can be swapped to whatever drive system you prefer.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
With the availability of so many different types of Sepex motors these days. Is there still a big advantage to a series motor vs a Sepex?

Could have had a regen 1 in 95, but I don’t think that one would be the most common to find unless it’s dead and going cheap. But with as easy as it is to swap stuff around on these, any cart you can get can be swapped to whatever drive system you prefer.
The evolution of sepex motors has almost, not completely, eliminated the need for series carts in some applications. But these applications are usually borderline golf cart use... like incredibly steep hills, heavy loads, big tires, and slow going
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #7
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

The reason I'd like to go series is I've read that they have less of an issue overheating at slow speeds, which I'll being a decent amount of. As well as hills and loads. But, that's just what I read which is why I'm here. Do the sepex really have that big of an issue overheating at slow speeds or under load?
Gerling1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car