lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2020, 11:50 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default What you think ?

This is the cart I am probably parting out but it still got my attention on why it is lifted up on the right side. I have not looked close at anything but I don't think I ever seen one this kicked up like this. Any guesses ? because I still might fix it later. I thought maybe it has a front spring broke but I only just taking a quick look it don't appear to be broke. Doesn't appear to be have been in an accident
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart that not right in front.jpg (145.2 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2020, 11:56 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: What you think ?

Sure looks like it has been wrecked to me.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
Pauldeere
Not Yet Wild

Looking back, that cart reminds me of the many Mondays when I worked at the local county golf course. We would have 4-6 carts in need of repair every Monday morning....
Pauldeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

A very heavy prior owner could well have mashed it down a bit on the driver's side.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hit from the side, bent the frame up some and tweaked the hell out of the cowl is what it looks like to me. I've had a couple carts like that. Or possibly rusted frame rail (the part where the roof supports bolt to) and one or both broke through. Pretty common place for those to rust since they get packed with dirt and mud in there, usually a few inches below the lower roof mounting hole. Easy fix though. Inside the passenger wheel well looks like you can see where the frame is bent in... but maybe just the picture
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
A very heavy prior owner could well have mashed it down a bit on the driver's side.
He must have weighed 3 tons.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
He must have weighed 3 tons.
Now that you mention it Mooncarter this cart had seat belts on it for both front and rear seat.

I was removing the rear flip seat yesterday and noticed there was an adjustment on passenger side of front seatbelt. There is three holes that you can move it to.

It was moved to last hole where you bolt it to bar. The drivers side was right opposite I was thinking it was have been a very heavy person riding shotgun maybe not 3 tons but heavy

I see no damage to the plastic but like I said I only bought this cart for the parts. No rust on this little white cart. Looks like it is winking at you Maybe the reason the motor is burned up. Too heavy a load

I had bought a cart the middle of last year the same model ( 2007 )that the seats were missing, no batteries, no cables, no charger, tires were dry rotted, rack and pinion was bad but the body was perfect and it had a top which I needed. I also paid next to nothing for it. I took a chance because it was a series cart and was hoping the motor was good. It turned out it worked great. This cart had been sitting outside for over three years and lots of work to get it cleaned up. I also had to make a new holder for the batteries as it was rusted through.

Then last month I had a chance to buy this white PDS wrecked up looking cart for $350 which had all good parts on it except the motor and controller. It even had a 36 V Pro-Fit charger charger that looks like new. New windshield also. It had four leaf rear springs which I needed .

In the last few weeks I have been swapping stuff and got a good looking cart with good batteries ready for my 9 year old granddaughter. or maybe my shop cart

I will look more in the next few days to see if something is bent on the white cart where people that come in my shop will stop asking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo electric cart.jpg (417.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Electric cart tom.jpg (172.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

gotcha. nice find either way! what is this in the picture? doesn't look like it should be there
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (48.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
gotcha. nice find either way! what is this in the picture? doesn't look like it should be there
I will have to look close after lunch when I go there. Will look closer to see if something is not right in that area
Old 03-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The G2 next to it looks nice! Little out of place amongst all your ezgo's though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO