lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #31
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Club Car DS 48v Restoration

when looking to replace the F/R switch with a heavy duty one , the other option is to go with reverse contactors and NEVER worry about again . it wont care how big of a controller you put in or largest torque or speed motor made for your cart .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #32
jbarsn
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick Update!!

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I've updated this thread! I have made some progress on the rebuild and things are starting to come together!

After spending hours restoring the original front end parts, I decided to install a 6" lift. The lift was simple to install however the bushings on the rear leaf springs were an absolute PITA lol. I was also able to clean up and repaint some of the rear end parts.

I have attached some photos of installing the lift :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (124.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (122.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 33.jpg (78.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 44.jpg (102.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 55.jpg (133.7 KB, 0 views)
jbarsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #33
jbarsn
Not Yet Wild

Default Whats next?

I purchased a roll of 2awg cable in order to make my own upgraded cables and to redo the existing wiring.

I also purchased an Alltrax 400 amp controller (SPM48400) and a 400amp solenoid. The Alltrax manual says I need a fuse, resistor & and diode to install the higher amp controller and solenoid. Are these all required and necessary?

I will also be purchasing an SW202 reverse contractor to upgrade the stock F&R switch.

At that point, the cart will have an upgraded controller, cables, solenoid, F&R switch and should be ready and capable of handling an upgraded motor with 22" tires.
jbarsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:15 PM   #34
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lookin good!!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #35
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks great so far!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:02 PM   #36
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've enjoyed your post! Thanks for sharing!!
Caseyrollins08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #37
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

What motor did you go with? You mentioned EMP earlier in this thread, I've purchased a few motors from them and been very happy with them.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #38
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just finished reading your thread. I am doing basically the same thing. Total basket case 98' DS. Your pictures look a lot like mine. My battery tray was also pretty toasty. I was planning to do what you did and actually ordered the aluminum. Since then, I stumbled into a super deal on 2 new, never assembled DS frames. I am in the process now of swapping over my front end and rear end/motor. Unlike you, I am pretty confident all my electronics are junk. I plan on using a kit from one of the sponsors to make it all brand new. I might be getting a little ahead but I ordered the seat covers today from Uptopar. Already picked my paint color and got it ordered and in hand. I am having fun and not in any rush. Here is a shot of the old frame being stripped and parts swapped to the new one. Keep up the great work, I will be following.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201105_153719_resized[7071].jpg (1.48 MB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car