lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2020, 09:28 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: How to get more room between seat and steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBleaux View Post
Is this a Western with the icebox molded-in behind the seat?
What difference? Want to have him cut out the ice box & move the seat back? I think that might just result in difficulty sitting in the seat correctly & still reaching the pedals.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #12
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will try that but the pic you sent is from what I thought was an older western. I may get a chance to get over there today, thanks
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #13
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the column is a 3bolt, you can always remove the bottom bolt, add three flat washers and replace the bolt. It will adjust the pitch and angle of the column, helped me out quite a bit, those three washers make a huge difference!
Bull203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:27 AM   #14
JoeBleaux
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What difference? Want to have him cut out the ice box & move the seat back? I think that might just result in difficulty sitting in the seat correctly & still reaching the pedals.
LOL. No, that was just a question to help ID it. I've seen one other type, without the icebox, and on that one, the seat style was like "normal" non-sliding cart seats. It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't other variations, but I don't know about those.

As I mentioned in my next reply, if his is the same style as ours, you could remove the side bars/arm rests and the seat backs and have about as much room as you could get _without_ modifying the steering. Plus, if his seat is adjustable and it were not as far back as the tracks allow, that might provide enough room with a simple adjustment.
JoeBleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #15
JoeBleaux
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
I will try that but the pic you sent is from what I thought was an older western. I may get a chance to get over there today, thanks
It may be an older version. I didn't look for years, just searched for Western Carts. Have there been substantial changes in the rear body? I knew that the front/"trunk" has had multiple styles and changed in appearance over the years, but I've only seen two styles of the rear: with and without the icebox, but there well may be other styles. In any case, if the seat cannot be moved or moved enough, it sounds like @Bull203's washer trick might be the easiest thing to try
JoeBleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #16
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I live in a retirement community and there is about any kind you can think of in here
Old 05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #17
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Which western does he have? Either of these 2?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.24.57 PM.png (182.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.25.10 PM.jpg (41.3 KB, 0 views)
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He has the one on the left side. He also said the tilt steering is definitely an option. He also has the full metal “bar” all the way around the seat. I was going to try and find something that allowed that bar to tilt backward so as to move it out of the way so it is easier to get in
Old 01-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #19
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anybody know how to remove the universal part of the steering so I can swap out the steering column? Here is a pic of the bottom and I have the snap ring at the steering wheel end off but this this is not budging at all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D5F7E596-3E7F-4C3F-B350-44F6A31A0B63.jpg (116.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #20
Gerpoli
Not Yet Wild

Driveline u-joints typically have c clips on the caps on the inside of the yoke or snap rings on the outside the caps. After they are removed, the caps need to be pressed out. On smaller ones a large c-clamp and some sockets will work. Most of the steering u-joints I have seen have the yoke ears either crimped or tack welded to keep the caps from coming out and are not serviceable, but there is usually a set screw holding the shaft to the joint.
Gerpoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO