lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #11
Viperguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo TXT Alltrax Controller Not Turning On

Thanks for the quick response Johnnie! It’s actually a brand new receptacle so it shouldn’t be bad. Even though I’m getting 52.1V in the blue wire without the pedal pressed, would I still need to connect it to battery B+ to fix it?
Viperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 07:56 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
Thanks for the quick response Johnnie! It’s actually a brand new receptacle so it shouldn’t be bad. Even though I’m getting 52.1V in the blue wire without the pedal pressed, would I still need to connect it to battery B+ to fix it?
The blue wire has to splice into the cart's wiring harness, so disconnect at that point and connect the wire from the harness to B+ and try it.

I'm not sure how many amps the blue wire can provide, but under normal conditions it powers the controller electronics and one solenoid coil, which is what your setup does when F/R is in N and it drops the 52V down to 14v, so the charge receptacle is defective. (Or there is a really bad connection just upstream from where you measured the voltage on the blue wire.)

At worst, the voltage shouldn't be more than a couple volts lower than pack voltage when F or R is selected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #13
Viperguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Johnnie, that fixed it! It appears that the charge receptacle is defective. I assume that I can leave it bypassed until I order a new one.
Viperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
Thanks Johnnie, that fixed it! It appears that the charge receptacle is defective. I assume that I can leave it bypassed until I order a new one.
The purpose of that kludge is to keep the cart from being driven while the charger is plugged into the receptacle. If that isn't an issue for you, no need to replace the receptacle. (Unless it's a warranty replacement - then I'd get the freebee. )
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO