lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #11
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Go Pedal question

The MCOR is just a replacement for the vglide. You still have to have all of the stuff that makes the vglide swipe across its contacts or the MCOR spin the POT. The stuff that makes this happen is the linkage attached to the GO pedal. An MCOR will sit on the frame rail under the passenger side so it requires different linkage than does a vglide. Since you are coming from a switch box, going to a vglide or MCOR conversion will probably be a matter of price. I know on my 1990, I looked into installing an MCOR conversion. The kit was somewhere around $250 and I'd still have to modify part of the linkage in the kit because it's not a direct fit for my 1990. Since I can't weld aluminum, I opted for the electronic pedal (another option).

If I were you, I'd see if I couldn't make that vglide work. It's your cheaper solution and you already have it. If you find that getting it mounted and the linkage working just won't work, then you could try the MCOR conversion kit (site sponsor Revolution sells them).

A last note: As Fairtax said, an MCOR will definitely give a much smoother ride. The vglide has a swiper that moves across pads. when it hits a pad it changes the resistance sent to the controller. So you'll get a jerkier acceleration. It bothers some people and others not so much.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Go Pedal question

Sounds like I will be working on getting the V-Glide set up :) Like you said, I have it and I will have modification no matter what.

I've been driving golf carts for 50 years (my first job was at a country club when I was 10 and I got to drive the cart that picked up the range balls) and I've never paid much attention to how any of them drove. I still have so much to learn!!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car