lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #1
TXWELDER
Gone Wild

Default 48v to 12v converter, how many amps?

I’m going to install a converter, wired to a six fuse block to power two LED lights and possibly a USB charger. How many amps should my converter be able to handle? I looked at a 40 but curious what I may actually need.
TXWELDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 48v to 12v converter, how many amps?

Unless your ok with buying a new one every month or 2 (and the risk of it failing by frying your stuff with full 48v), skip the cheapo little 10 amp ones.

To calculate how many amps you "technically need", add up the watts of each of your lights, add 48 watts for the usb port (I'm just wildly making up numbers here that will definitely be plenty to allow for the usb port), take this number & divide it by 12 to figure out how many amps you would need.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
TXWELDER
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v to 12v converter, how many amps?

I never intended to go below 30 amps. Both LED’s use under 20A combined. I felt going with a 40A converter would be more than plenty and leave room for additions later if desired. This is a hunting cart, nothing crazy going to happen except a winch and that would be wired to a stand alone battery.
TXWELDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha