lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
2-in-the-bush
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 cost to convert 36v to 48v EZ Go

Hello Buggy Masters! New here, and this is my 1st post.
I've just recently started entertaining the idea of getting a golf cart. The motorcycles, ATVs and snowmobiles have vacated the premises. There's a noticeable toy void in my shop and I'm getting bored!

I was originally inclined to get a gasser b/c frankly, it's what I know, but the ease of maintenance on the e-carts make them quite appealing, given that range is not an issue for me. That said, I'm def going to want to maximize power output. The man is out of the race, but the race ain't out of the man!

I started off looking at a couple of 2014 EZ Go gas (13hp Kawasaki) carts from the same seller (dealer). Stock is $4400 and the other has new lift/tires/rims for $5400 - both in pretty good condition. However nice they are, I can't really justify that kind of money along with the uncertainty that a random person owned it and may or may not have maintained it as I would. So I moved on (for now...)

I'm currently looking at a 2009 EZ Go 36v cart that is in pretty pristine condition with a fold-down backseat. Seller is an elderly gent and seems to have treated it with care. He's asking $3500 and sounds pretty firm. I think $3200 is the least he might take. My only concern is that the batteries are 5 years old and I know they are pricey, which leads to my next line of thought... From an economic standpoint, does it make sense to buy it, eventually convert it to 48v (when the batteries go) and add lift/tires myself? I'm a motorhead and I have a shop, so I like the idea of installing everything (new) myself, but at the same time, my time isn't free and if I can save some cash buying a 48v or the gas version from the start, I'm open to whatever gets me where I'm goin for the least cash outlay.

Looking for some experienced advice on the best place to start. Thanks!
2-in-the-bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2020 cost to convert 36v to 48v EZ Go

Welcome to the madness

Not sure where you are but that is a little high for a 2014. Market is definitely higher right now because of COVID. Price on the 09 is a little high but if in good shape might not be bad. Converting to 48 would require batteries, controller, solenoid, wires, charger and eventually a new motor as the stock PDS will work but chances are it will not last. With an Alltrax xct400 it would be pretty much plug and play.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:25 PM   #3
2-in-the-bush
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for that insight, kgsc. I'm in Michigan, and it appears everybody's high here! As far as I can tell, about 30% higher than other areas. I see a road trip in my future...
Old 12-31-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cart prices have skyrocketed here in the last year.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #5
2-in-the-bush
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB that's a sick wrap you got, Bro. Where did you find it? Checked the cartsunlimited site but did not see it. Lots of other good stuff though.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #6
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Since your batteries are 5 years old and near end of life
Now would be the time to upgrade batteries and convert to 48 volt.
Is cart a txt or rxv. What do you plan on useing cart for?
Plenty of post on converting from 36 to 48 volt here.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:17 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Since your batteries are 5 years old and near end of life
Now would be the time to upgrade batteries and convert to 48 volt.
Is cart a txt or rxv. What do you plan on useing cart for?
Plenty of post on converting from 36 to 48 volt here.
All RXV are 48v from the factory, so we can safely assume if they are wanting to convert from 36v to 48v, he doesnt have a rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #8
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,I learned something new today👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO