lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #11
esports15
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT48500 limiting RPMS

ok, so now that I got the cart running faster, quicker, and longer.... I have a new problem...

I don't know what my next project on it will be. So far its got a lift, 22 inch tires, controller/motor, 48V conversion, Stereo system installed into the dash, and neon underglow. What should be next?
esports15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT48500 limiting RPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would say that 24mph is a good max speed. I once forgot to hook up my speed sensor after working on the cart and it was slow and throttle response was messed up. I think Alltrax has some sort of "limp mode" if it doesn't see a good speed sensor signal.
I'm pretty sure there are two "Limp" modes. One is speed limiting turned off and the other is speed limiting on, but no input from the speed sensor.

The first one isn't really a limp mode, the XCT field mapping is applied more or less the same way it is in previous generations of sepex controllers and cart doesn't reach quite as high of a top speed.

When speed limiting is selected and sensor input is good, motor RPM mitigates the field mapping and allows more field weakening at higher motor RPMs, which in turn allows higher RPM.

Regen braking is also influenced by motor RPM when speed limiting is turned on. Field amps are increased as motor RPM decreases to get more regen braking at lower speeds.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO