lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2022, 01:28 PM   #1
drewloker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGo 1995 Txt Freedom will not move

Hello. I am having a NO GO issue. Sorry for a new post...I have scoured the forum for many hours over the last few days, reading many posts. If somebody has a specific post I should attach these comments, to avoid a new post, please let me know and I will.

EZGo 1995 Txt Freedom Mft Code B2395, Serial 8557786, 4" Lift

Diagnostics -
  • Solenoid clicks. 38.5v off the Battery Pack. Batteries are 2018.
  • Voltage to the solenoid, 38.5.
  • Voltage off the solenoid - WAS 26...determined the resistor wire had broken free at the terminal. Re-attached. Now reading 38.4v.
  • New Heavy Duty F/R 3 years ago. Currently checking continuity of F/R switch. Getting continuity on one side of Fwd, and both sides do REV. So, trying to understand this.

Details...
Cart was work fairly well...occasionally stuttering...maybe more often recently. I wasn't driving on it's last trip...wife says it was stuttering more...maybe that resistor wire was giving out. Cart made it home, charged it over night, would not go the next day.

Per the STICKY Diagnostics Guide Post, seems to NOT be the solenoid nor the resistor. Really thought it was the solenoid until I discovered the resistor wire detached, and hoped that was it. The 0.1 drop in voltage is what the Guide said it should be...0.1 to 3 volt.

Is the .1 insignificant such that the Solenoid IS the culprit now?
Or, did the failed Resistor wire cause some other challenge?

Or, is it the the F/R Switch, or something else.

Back to the research...I read a post about checking the CONTINUITY of the F/R, which is relatively new, but not understanding one of the details.

Specifically I am reviewing the "Continuity Test for EZGo HD F&R by Carts Unlimited".

The cart isn't moving FWD or REV. If I understand the other post, the switch has failed, but wouldn't it work in reverse?

I replaced the switch in March of 2019 because it was overheating...replaced switch and replaced with heavier gauge of wires, etc. and it has been doing well as far as overheating. I got the cart already lifted, but had determined that the lift and age of switch and degradation of cables has developed the resistance, over heating of F/R switch.

Any thoughts? Order another switch...this time go ahead and get the Toggle Upgrade?

Thanks for any replies!!
drewloker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
Joxci
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGo 1995 Txt Freedom will not move

@drewloker,

Starting with the most obvious questions. Have you tested your batteries? Are all the posts clean and tight?

As for F/R switch, are you getting less than .4ohms where the test indicates? Resistance tests only tell you that the switch is not bad, not necessarily good. Look around for wiring diagram and make sure inputs and outputs from and to F/R switch and controller are good. If they are then go onto next system.

Go here to test the motor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q39lY84w2S0
Joxci is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO