lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
weagle
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical question -failing Madjax LED headlights

In March I installed a Madjax Ultimate Light kit for my 2017 RXV. Everything worked great for a couple of weeks but then both headlights began to flicker and now have failed. Those lights use an LED driver. I suspect these low voltage drivers are failing. When I remove the light I will check the circuit board for flaws. Voltages were good and stable to the lights when they were installed.

The company was great in sending replacements and I'm ready to swap out, but I'm wondering if there's extra electrical protection I could use so this doesn't happen again. There's a 36v to 12v reducer included in the kit that I installed, but if they fail again I doubt they will replace again.

Anyone else run into this issue?
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical question -failing Madjax LED headlights

I'm running the stock halogen lights, but you should use a 48 to 12v reducer for sure
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:27 AM   #3
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical question -failing Madjax LED headlights

Some 36v reducers can operate on 48v and some don't like it. Verify the one you have can. If there's no documentation saying it can, replace it with a good 48v reducer.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO