lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2022, 10:50 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon to TXT48 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
So this one will have the pot type throttle instead of ITS? Should work pretty well. 48txt harness?
The plan is to utilize the original potentiometer. Assuming it is working well. and build a TXT48 harness based upon the simplified version we have been using in the TXT conversion kit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #12
Casperse
Not Yet Wild

It looks like this project just got easier for me! I still haven't had a chance to test fit the motor but now i guess i don't need to worry. I am looking forward to seeing how it works on your end.

That's awesome you went and found the exact same cart so you could do it right
Casperse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperse View Post
It looks like this project just got easier for me! I still haven't had a chance to test fit the motor but now i guess i don't need to worry. I am looking forward to seeing how it works on your end.

That's awesome you went and found the exact same cart so you could do it right
I found the original motor bolts a little finicky about threading in. I ended up changing them to fresh 1/4-20x1 and supporting the tail end of the motor to ensure proper alignment for the threads. I put some red lock tight on the bolts too. That's a much bigger motor

Now I just need to find more hours in the day to finish this project
The prototype wire harness is in and I hope to put power to the cart soon !
Fortunately for Carts Unlimited but unfortunately for the project we are buried in work right now, this being the busiest time of year. Typically I do these projects in winter. But so much of the preliminary work has been done and produced in the IQ and TXT48 conversions that this seemed like it would be easy - yeah right
Old 05-16-2022, 11:57 AM   #14
Casperse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
this seemed like it would be easy - yeah right
Every project I've ever started has gone the exact same way...

No big hurry on my side so no worries
Casperse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:10 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperse View Post
Every project I've ever started has gone the exact same way...

No big hurry on my side so no worries
I appreciate your patience but once I get started I'm driven to finish. But yes, there is more to do than you think. The harness has to engineered, built and documented so it can be reproduced. And the installation has to documented and instruction has to be created.

On a side note I can see this will be an easy installation. Partly because the motor and controller access is so big and open. And partly because the keyswitch is in the battery bay. There will be no crawling under the cart.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I got some batteries in our test cart.
But first let me explain the picture. I had an idea come to me about the operating voltage. I was thinking this system should run on 36 or 48 volts like we do with the PDS and DCS controls.

I talked with my Alltrax tech support today and he confirmed that given only a few restrictions the TXT48 control could indeed run on 36 volts. So I put 6v batts in my test cart.

Not because that will give the best performance or run time...but because switching from 36 to 48v is not always something a customer can do or it's something they want to do later on down the road. And I want to create the best value option that offers the best performance for the lowest cost. 36v now and 48v later seems like a good fit.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #17
j_man_21050
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I got some batteries in our test cart.
But first let me explain the picture. I had an idea come to me about the operating voltage. I was thinking this system should run on 36 or 48 volts like we do with the PDS and DCS controls.

I talked with my Alltrax tech support today and he confirmed that given only a few restrictions the TXT48 control could indeed run on 36 volts. So I put 6v batts in my test cart.

Not because that will give the best performance or run time...but because switching from 36 to 48v is not always something a customer can do or it's something they want to do later on down the road. And I want to create the best value option that offers the best performance for the lowest cost. 36v now and 48v later seems like a good fit.

I have an 89 cart. Is it similar enough to the 92 that it will work? Also, I pulled the pot box out. Can this upgrade work with your electronic throttle pedal?
j_man_21050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_man_21050 View Post
I have an 89 cart. Is it similar enough to the 92 that it will work? Also, I pulled the pot box out. Can this upgrade work with your electronic throttle pedal?
This kit is working with an existing throttle and pedal assembly used in the first Ezgo series controller carts produced from about 1990 - 1994. It will not work with the earlier resistor coil carts. Those carts should use the C series conversion kits.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
This kit is working with an existing throttle and pedal assembly used in the first Ezgo series controller carts produced from about 1990 - 1994. It will not work with the earlier resistor coil carts. Those carts should use the C series conversion kits.
Would it not work with a pedal change/upgrade ? Connection would have to be changed on the cable but that would be simple enough.. or am I missing something
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the cart was modded so the pedal worked a 0-5k potentiometer with a foot switch it would essentially be the same as the early 90s cart. And the kit could work except that I'm unsure if the B2 motor would bolt up for all years.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO