lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2022, 07:33 AM   #1
Hellbilly
Not Yet Wild

Default Another Starter Generator Problem

I just got a new starter generator and it doesn’t move on the bench unless I give it a little turn by hand. Then it keeps turning until power is removed. The green jumper is installed between F2 and A1. I am applying power to F1 and gnd to A2. I thought maybe the battery I was using was weak, but I connected it to my truck and still works the same.

I just started working at this campground and I told the boss that it was definitely a bad starter in this cart. Now I look like an idiot because the new starter didn’t fix it. He doesn’t understand what I’m saying when I tell him the brushes were shot and the armature is missing segments on the old one.

I’m pretty sure this new starter is wired wrong, but I just want to make sure I’m not doing something stupid? Any advice on what to check next would be appreciated.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Another Starter Generator Problem

The simple answer is the new starter is junk.
The more complicated answer is the brushes are already stuck because of junk tolerances or dirt/crud in the brush holders. What brand is it? Where did you get it? Can you take it back?

There's only two ways to wire it. If it spins it's not wired wrong.
If it needs to spin clockwise, but it spins counter clockwise, or vise-versa, then you flip the green cable from one stud to the other. per diagram here:
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car