lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #1
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Ezgo txt reverse buzzer in forward position

I have a 2001 ezgo txt and when I go from reverse to forward, the reverse buzzer stays on until I move the rocker into just the right position. This causes the cart to drive slow when the buzzer is on. Could this be a possible bad micro switch on the forward reverse switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Lram19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2022, 12:35 AM   #2
DriftingAnomaly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Ezgo txt reverse buzzer in forward position

The toggle switch sounds like the most likely culprit. Luckily it is cheap.

If you want to test it. Put your multimeter into Ohms/continuity mode. Pull out the plate the switch is on, mark and remove the wires put the switch in reverse. Put one lead on the common wire of the switch and the other lead to the reverse position. You should see continuity with the Ohms going close to zero. Move the lead to the forward position without toggling the switch. It should be open or infinite Ohms. Move the lead back to the reverse wire location. Now toggle the switch. If the Ohms do not show open/infinity the switch is not working properly. Try to wiggle it like you would to get it to stop the reverse buzzer. At that point it will probably show open as it should.
DriftingAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:34 AM   #3
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the response. I will give the continuity test a try and post back with an update after I do!
Old 08-29-2022, 09:18 AM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this a series cart, or a DCS or PDS cart ? You mention a microswitch on the switch but a later post mentions a rocker switch. I'm confused, but your solution is going to hinge on what you're working with.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:40 PM   #5
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Is this a series cart, or a DCS or PDS cart ? You mention a microswitch on the switch but a later post mentions a rocker switch. I'm confused, but your solution is going to hinge on what you're working with.
This is a series cart. The microswitch I'm referring to is on the forward reverse switch. When I said rocker, I was referring to the t shift handle. My apologies on using the wrong terminology. I understand how that could get confusing!!
Old 08-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram19 View Post
This is a series cart. The microswitch I'm referring to is on the forward reverse switch. When I said rocker, I was referring to the t shift handle. My apologies on using the wrong terminology. I understand how that could get confusing!!
On a series cart the "slow reverse" is activated by a signal from the orange wire plugged to the microswitch on the passenger side of the F/R switch. Sounds to me like you have a faulty or maybe loose microswitch. Try unplugging the orange wire at the switch and the black wire at the buzzer. ( OR you can disconnect orange and red at same point on the switch if thats easier to do ) That will kill the buzzer in both directions and will give you full speed in both directions. That's not the proper fix but will be a good temporary fix. Won't affect anything else to leave them loose.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #7
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Update: I was able to make an adjustment to the micro switch to fix the buzzer issue. But, when going from reverse back to forward, for some reason my 12V converter loses the power it needs to run. So with the Bluetooth speaker running off the 12V converter, going from reverse to forward causes it to lose the power it needs to stay on??
Old 09-02-2022, 11:35 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it is tied into the activation circuit yes.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #9
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Converter is hooked up to the key switch but what is causing the drop out? A bad micro switch?
Old 09-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like the converter is hooked up after the keyswitch and after the FNR microswitch, before the solenoid. You would want it tied in after the keyswitch but before any of the other switches. I'd be careful running a converter off the activation circuit though. I doubt it's good for much amperage.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO