lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2022, 12:32 PM   #11
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 Ezgo txt reverse buzzer in forward position

I ran directly from the back of the key switch, off the contact that had no power in the off position, directly to the converter key switch green wire.
Lram19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2022, 12:37 PM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok for the activation wire [emoji106] that’s good. I thought maybe the main inputs for the converter were on the solenoid activation circuit. It’s possible the key switch comes after the FNR micro switches, in which case it would kill the converter to shift.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:45 PM   #13
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Ok for the activation wire [emoji106] that’s good. I thought maybe the main inputs for the converter were on the solenoid activation circuit. It’s possible the key switch comes after the FNR micro switches, in which case it would kill the converter to shift.
I will trace out my wires and see if I can tell which side of the micro switches the key switch is on. Thank you for your help!!
Old 09-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good idea!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #15
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The key switch gets its power directly from the microswitch on the F/R switch. Each time you shift either from F to R or from R to F that wire goes dead and during the switch you are going to lose power to the keyswitch. If you want uninterrupted power on the converter then you're going to have to connect it directly to battery positive. If you move the blue wire on the microswitch to the same side same terminal as the red wire from the reed switch, then you will have full time power to the key. That will mean that you have power on the converter all the time the cart is switched on.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:59 AM   #16
Lram19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
The key switch gets its power directly from the microswitch on the F/R switch. Each time you shift either from F to R or from R to F that wire goes dead and during the switch you are going to lose power to the keyswitch. If you want uninterrupted power on the converter then you're going to have to connect it directly to battery positive. If you move the blue wire on the microswitch to the same side same terminal as the red wire from the reed switch, then you will have full time power to the key. That will mean that you have power on the converter all the time the cart is switched on.
Thank you sthreatt, this worked for my application and after looking at the activation circuit wiring diagram makes sense to me! My 12V converter now has the uninterrupted power that I was looking for. I also loosened the micro switch that was causing the buzzer to stay on in the forward position and moved the bottom end closer to the cam on the FNR switch to resolve that issue as well. I appreciate all the info and responses from everyone who helped me get this resolved!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO