lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
doc sin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 carb

I have a 1981 g1 that I have been redoing , when I start it up fuel comes out the little brass vent on the side of the carb and it runs rough. I took off the carb and cleaned it,when I took it apart I noticed it did not have a spring on the needle to the float. Most carbs I know have them ,is this true or do they not use them also what is the float setting on them? Any info will be a big help...Thanks
doc sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 carb

float stuck?
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
farleypug
Getting Wild

Sabercat called it! Most definitely a stuck float. The G1 doesn't have the spring that holds the needle to the float (none of mine do). I would take it apart again and make sure the needle doesn't have any build up on it causing it to stick in the needle seat. Also make sure the float moves free on the float pin. There is a little tab on the float that goes between the needle seat assembly and the side of the carb and that's what stops the float from opening too much. Should just be a simple fix. Good luck.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most all of these small engine carbs if you hold it level, the float is adjusted properly if you push the float up and it stops level, with light pressure. Make sure it opens back up when the float goes down, should be good to go.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
doc sin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the help will give it a try,worked on a lot of motors in the past but was not sure about the spring.....thanks again!!
doc sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
yamy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

What about the fuel coming out of the vent on the side of the carb? Did cleaning it fix that? The reason I ask is because I have the same problem with my '82 G1. I just put a new fuel pump on it, and it runs fine, but fuel is coming out of the small brass tube, next to the larger one which is attached to the incoming fuel line. This small brass tube that is leaking fuel looks like it should have a hose on it. Should it? Did I forget to attach something when I replace dthe fuel pump?!
yamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha