lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
george48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default cart goes then dies, then goes and dies

Ok so I have a 96 48v cart that is giving me issues. When I take the cart out for a short drive,like 500 yds I am fine. Anything longer then that I get the issue. So I hope on the cart and go for a drive, pedal not to the floor and just like somebody flips a switch I slow to a stop. I take my foot off the pedal and try to go again and nothing. So I try again and bam throttle is there and off I go again till it happens again. Some times I sit for a few minutes other times I can go right away. Now I know that I have the early potentiometer (sits under the pedal).
From reading on here I think that this could be my problem but am unsure. I brought the cart home today since I dont have internet access at camp and hopefully I can figure this out. Any help that you guys can offer would be great.
george48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Bassethound
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: cart goes then dies, then goes and dies

Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

I had the exact same problem so I replaced the MCOR and the problem was gone. I'm sure other more experienced members will be adding other ideas to look for, they are very helpful here.
Bassethound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

First need to confirm whether your cart is
#1 SERIS ( F&R lever under right leg )
#2 Shunt Regen 1 ( F&R rocker type switch under right leg )
#3 type of pedal speed control, STOCK was black box mounted around pedal shaft under drivers side floor NOT AVAILABLE FROM C C
#4 MCOR ( CONVERSION ) Pedal speed control mounted under passenger side floor
#5 V Glide pedal speed control ( PIE SHAPED UNDER DRIVERS SEAT BETWEEN BATTERYS )
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
george48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is a regen 1 Has the toggle switch. Stock black box. Nothing under the passenger side and nothing under the drivers butt.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
george48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sure wish I knew what i had to replace to get my cart running.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it has the pot now you to find out if thats the issue and if its a 5 to 0k pot or 0 to 5k pot......can you use a voltage meter and can you get a manual it will have the step by step to test it.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
george48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

shadowman, the only book that I have is the online owners manual. And yes I have a volt meter but an not schooled in how to use it the correct way. I have looked at the online owner manual and it shows nothing about how to check anything. So Im guessing that I should just take it some place.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you would need the service manual your not gonna find anything in the owners manual.....................maybe someone here might have it and can post the test procedure.............anyobdy?........i do have it but its 140 miles away right now
Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
george48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, we will have to wait and see. Would really hate to pay somebody to figure this out but if that what it come to then do be it. I looked at it last night after your post and i found the 3 wires at the connector. Will get a really meter, the one I have is a cheap POS, would hate to have a faulty meter give me the wrong info. Thanks for the help so far.

If it is the pot thats bad what does it normally cost to get an updated unit? Or what should one do?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

get the M-cor conversion if it will work on your cart......call a few of the site sponsers and ask them i,m sure they can heklp you in the right direction........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car