lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #21
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

I guess I need to know what is the max tire width is with the max tire height and with what offset to accomplish this is what I'm looking for.

All on a 12" rim.
BBissitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

I have 215x35x12 low profile wheels/tires (no offset) on my non-lifted 06 DS with no issues . . . not sure about the Precedent, but people have removed that cable tunnel from the right hand side to make room for larger wheel/tire combos and rerouted the cables . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #23
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

I have 215/35 12s and they are about 3/4 inch higher. The rims have no offset but the 12s with an offset rub on the front.
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Has/does anyone have the headlight below on their precedent? Is it worth the money as far as brightness and seeing distance goes?
Precedent Headlight.jpg
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Has/does anyone have the headlight below on their precedent? Is it worth the money as far as brightness and seeing distance goes?
Attachment 56806
A friend of mine put this light kit on his 05 Precedent and I was impressed with it . . bright . . check eBay . . prices start at $108 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #26
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Still a little confused on the wheels. The precedent can't handle anything with an offset unless I were to put on a lift kit?
Also, has anyone switched out the orange/yellow battery indicator for something a little more telling like the one pictured below? If so do you have pictures you could attach with which one you used?

Thanks

Battery meter.jpg
Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #27
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
A friend of mine put this light kit on his 05 Precedent and I was impressed with it . . bright . . check eBay . . prices start at $108 . . .
I have a similar product as well. I have 37.5 watt bulbs and they are bright enough. You can also put 55 watt bulbs in it and that's what it came with.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is this type of light kit very hard to install? Can I do it without installing tail-lights or is it a kit and both have to be installed? What would you recommend for as far as not wanting to draw the lights, radio, etc off of one battery? What do I need to do to be able to draw it off the whole pack?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #29
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Is this type of light kit very hard to install? Can I do it without installing tail-lights or is it a kit and both have to be installed? What would you recommend for as far as not wanting to draw the lights, radio, etc off of one battery? What do I need to do to be able to draw it off the whole pack?
Converter/reducer.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #30
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Grinds, the kit is fairly easy to install. The precedent is prewired for that type of light kit, so it's really just plugging in wires. The harnesses for the rear lights are already back there, you just have to drill a couple of holes to get at them and then the tail lights cover the holes when you mount them.

There are two options aside from using the 12volt feed off of battery four, which is the default option for that light kit. You can install a converter/reducer that will take the entire 48 volt pack and reduce it down to 12v. Or, you can install an extra, dedicated 12v battery just to run accessories. Either option is going to require you to reroute your 12v + and - source from the 4th battery. That's not hard to do either.

I went with the extra battery. I mounted it inside a typical plastic battery box, in the bagwell under my rear seat. That was wasted space for me anyway. It works very well. Now, instead of my cart power outlasting my lights and radio, it's the other way around. Every now and then, I just hook my battery tender to the extra battery and let it trickle charge back up.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car