lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dash questions on installation and type

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Here ya go: http://www.golfcartking.com/index.ph...&cPath=256_107 This is a site sponsor I picked at random. Says they come in black. I didn't research further.

Sold out. Spit! Just my rotten luck... I guess I can buy the carbon fiber and hose them down with Krylon? Thanks for the link, though! I appreciate the thought!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Sold out. Spit! Just my rotten luck... I guess I can buy the carbon fiber and hose them down with Krylon? Thanks for the link, though! I appreciate the thought!
I think EZGO sells them as well, or just email the site sponsor, I'm sure they can get more
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
travis gunter
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a Sony DSX-MS60 radio I am installing in the cart. From the back of the radio the power connections and speaker connections are evident, however the speaker connections have a RCA type plug, but the Sony Dual Cone Speakers (6 1/2") that I have have the standard speaker type wire.

Is there any special wiring I need to buy to connect the speakers? Do they sell the plugs I can put the RCA ends on and connect and use the standard speaker wire to run to the speakers?

Not sure how to connect these...Any advice is greatly appreciated?
travis gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm sure you have a spare VCR or DVD signal cable laying around somewhere, right? Fold it in half and cut it. You now have 6 RCA to bare wire adapters. You can even get all fancy, schmancy and crimp spade terminals to the bare ends to hook up the speakers, if you'd rather not solder the connections.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
travis gunter
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The radio has a bracket that connects the back of the radio frame for support. Will using this support create any issues as it will have to be screwed into metal on the front under the cowl.

I just want to be sure this is not going to be a problem or some grounding issue?

Also, any really good non-powered antennas out there that can be plugged in to unit and still keep the antenna hidden under cowl in dash but will pick up well for FM stations?

Thanks for all your help and direction....you guys are extremely knowledgable.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes it will be a ground issue. I don't know how "really good" my antenna is, but it could be left under a plastic cowl. The higher up it is mounted, though and the more metal it contacts, the better your reception will be. I don't know if you saw them, but I linked pics of my makeshift mount in the " What have you done..." thread, pg. 476
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
travis gunter
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, shouldn't mount the bracket....got it!

In your pics, is that not mounting it to the metal of the cart? Not sure I understand what you should and should not connect to the metal b/c doesnt the top support connect back to frame?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is an antenna. It does not conect to the head unit's power source, as the aerial jack is insulated from the chassis and thereby insulated from ground. In a typical motor vehicle application, if you touch the + lead of a meter to the power wire and the - lead to the metal of the radio's chassis while it is hooked to power, you will complete a circuit and be able to read voltage. The aerial's jack is insulated because of this. If the ground contacts the aerial's signal wire, you get a whining feedback noise. Mount your aerial any way you like, but do not ground your 12v radio to your 36v battery pack. It will not like that!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis gunter View Post
The radio has a bracket that connects the back of the radio frame for support. Will using this support create any issues as it will have to be screwed into metal on the front under the cowl.

I just want to be sure this is not going to be a problem or some grounding issue?

Also, any really good non-powered antennas out there that can be plugged in to unit and still keep the antenna hidden under cowl in dash but will pick up well for FM stations?

Thanks for all your help and direction....you guys are extremely knowledgable.
I don't know about your unit, but most will have a power wire that sends power for automatic antennas. I used that to power my antenna.

Also, are you sure the RCA jacks are for speakers and not a pre-amp output, for external amps?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2759.jpg (323.8 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis gunter View Post
Okay, shouldn't mount the bracket....got it!

In your pics, is that not mounting it to the metal of the cart? Not sure I understand what you should and should not connect to the metal b/c doesnt the top support connect back to frame?
You can mount it to metal as long as it's insulated. You can drill oversized holes and use a plastic insert. Just make sure neither the radio or its mounting hardware is in contact.

As to the other question, that depends on how he connected it to his radio. If it's a standard radio plug, the mount will be grounded, which is not good. The person I bought my buggy from grounded the headlights, so it's not necessarily an instant problem, but if any conductor comes in contact with the frame, really bad things can happen.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO