lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
donetheconversion
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default what should i look for

Well guys I'm selling my snowmobile engine out of my cart and putting the original back in..never thought I'd go back to stock..anyways the old motor at the end before the swap wasn't running right it seemed like it needed the choke on to run and then it would go very far..so now that its been sitting for 3 years what should I be checking on it to make sure it runs right. I'm thinking I need the rebuild kit from buggies unlimited to fix the running issue but is there anything else I should look at and clean like any ports or something I'm planning on cleaning out Carb..is that all I really need to look at? Thanks in advance by the way its a g2 cart and motor.
donetheconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: what should i look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by donetheconversion View Post
Well guys I'm selling my snowmobile engine out of my cart and putting the original back in..never thought I'd go back to stock..anyways the old motor at the end before the swap wasn't running right it seemed like it needed the choke on to run and then it would go very far..so now that its been sitting for 3 years what should I be checking on it to make sure it runs right. I'm thinking I need the rebuild kit from buggies unlimited to fix the running issue but is there anything else I should look at and clean like any ports or something I'm planning on cleaning out Carb..is that all I really need to look at? Thanks in advance by the way its a g2 cart and motor.
Usually when a G2/G9/G8 run better when chocked, means the air box is not sealed correctly. Did the engine smoke/use oil? If you still have the starter/generator connected, you could do a compression test (at wide open throttle) and should be 155 to 175 lbs. Unless BU can be honest and tell you they are OEM Yamaha parts, I'd recommend going to some one that will. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Out of curiosity, was that a 340 twin you have in it and why are you taking it out?
daveswaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
donetheconversion
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ya it was a 340 twin out of a 73 cheetah. was an amazing motor but i didnt care for the points..they ended up going out so i went and tryed to order some but they couldnt get any so they ordered up a pair they said would work turned out they werent the same so i had to modify the whole assembly to make them work now only one side works b/c the otherside keeps sliding out of gap.
donetheconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha