lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Firescooby
Getting Wild

Default Help with 2009 RXV rear end noise

Some of my in-laws just bought a used RXV. I am not familiar at all with electric carts.

It is "bouncing" a little when at speed. When we jack it up, you can see the tires wobbling a little, and can see where the tires have been rubbing the frame at the top. More on drivers side, but a little on passenger side too.

It also has some sort of "screaching" sound coming from the rear end area, it rarely does this on acceleration, usually on decel and almost always at slow speed.

It has the spicer read end. It has the inspection plate facing the bottom. I cannot see a fill hole for lube. How do you service this rear?

Also, are the bearings at the axle ends at differential or hubs?

ANY help would be appreciated.

THANKS!!
Firescooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Hagen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with 2009 RXV rear end noise

Just an idea but you may want to put one of the front wheels on back to see if somehow that's where your problem could be. When I bought my RXV I test drove two 2010 carts that had that same strange noise in the rear end. Not sure if it's the braking system or what but I do know both carts were fleet carts which means they were turned down to atleast 14 mph vs the 19.5 they can do.
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Litz
Not Yet Wild

the wobble is most likely worn out rear hub assembly. On the rear axel the ends are splined and have hubs with the wheel studs, when the spine/grove on the hub assembly wears down, the hub/wheel wobbles a bit. I have the same issue, the hub wears on the inside edge, if you take the tire off you can make the hub wobble, take it off and put it on inside out and it will not wobble, the axle is hardened steel, the hub not so much.
Litz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yeah, what they said. One of the weak points IMO in the RXV is the rear hubs. All of the braking and throttle are transmitted through those so they take abuse. Like what was suggested, jack up the cart and see if you can move a wheel side to side. Sometimes they are just loose and can be saved with just a tightening but not always.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO