lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Wink Rear Seat recommendations '05 Precedent

Hi Everybody, I'm new to this site but it looks like a great forum! I'm a bran-spankin' new buggy owner, I mean less than 24 hours. I went out an bought a 2005 Precedent last night from a golf course liquidation.

I read thru some posts, but would like some advice on rear seat kits. There seems to be quite a price difference. I've seen some on big websites for upwards of $450, some on a sponsors site in the $300+ range, and some on eBay for under $300. I want a nice one, but don't want to get ripped off.

Also, can I use my old 12v car battery in my....... JUST KIDDING!!!

Here's my new baby >>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart #1 5Ie5Nc5Kd3E13G53J2c5q303bb5d0200d1ee0.jpg (29.7 KB, 0 views)
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rear Seat recommendations '05 Precedent

Congrats, time to get your wallet out. There are several options for rear seats on the Precedent. Some, or at least the one I have, maintains the factory rear downspouts. I don't know what kind mine is but I wouldn't recommend it anyway because the upholstery is cheaper than I'd like and thin. Cats have jumped on it and their claws easily poke holes in the stuff. When it gets too bad, I'm either going to have it recovered or replace the whole darn thing. That's the only option that was already on my cart when I bought it. Otherwise I would have gone with something else.

I do like that the rear seat folds flat for carrying cargo - but I think most do that now. Not sure if that's a big part of the price differences you are seeing or if it has more to do with some coming with replacement rear roof supports and some using the existing ones.

I wonder what the chances are that your cart came from the same course mine did. When I got it, instead of the club car logo on the front, it had something like "Chesapeake Bay Club" or something like that. I bought it in NC but I bought it from a guy that buys a half dozen or so course retirees at a time and then resells them.

Read up on checking/maintaining your batteries, that's always the place to start with an electric cart.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Salt. Mine says "Chestnut Ridge" on the nameplate. I definitely want to keep my rear pillars. I think that some websites just overcharge for the kits. I like the one on Golf Cart King that is the upgraded model for 3seventy. Anyone have that kit?

I want the extra handle too, cuz I'll be hauling some older folks and have lots of hills here. Do you recommend the heavy duty leaf springs, too? Thanks all.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

The recommendation is: when in doubt, go with heavy duty springs, especially if installing a lift kit because you have everything apart anyway. I took a chance and didn't put any on and haven't had any issues carrying a full load of 4 people, but that's not the case with everyone.

By the way, some just remove that front nameplate but it's easy to remove and replace. I think I got my Club Car one online for $17 shipped and it's either OEM or is at least as good quality. I liked that I was able to get the silver letters instead of the often seen dull gold like I had on my old DS.

How old are your batteries (should say on the top what year with a letter code for the month)? Do you have mods planned yet? Or just keeping more or less as-is with a rear seat?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Salt. Batteries are 2009, hope to get another year or two out of them. Will only be using on weekends to tool around our waterfront community, so not many hours of use. I don't really care what the nameplate says.

Just planning the rear seat out of necessity right now. I will go with the heavy duty springs. But, I'm sure once I start modding I will catch the modding bug!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Yeh I just asked because, if you were going to do a lift kit anyway, and your wallet can stand it now, it would be easier to do the springs and lift at the same time. Not a huge deal though. I had always heard that it takes 2 people to install a lift kit but I did mine by myself and it didn't take a long time. I will admit it would have been much easier with 2 people, however.

My batts are early 2008. They still charge fully and in a reasonable amount of time but they seem to be losing a significant amount of run time. So, I'm looking to change them soon. Based on that, you should be good for at least another year, but never know. Much depends on if and how well they were cared for before you bought it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car