lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Build me a great buggie

if you are going to build a nice cart you are going to lift it..bigger tires and then you'll want more speed. well thats great but when you do that the cart has a problem stopping so i would suggest a disc brake system for the cart.

sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
Zach Jaynes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbc3902 View Post

Also Zach you said your looking to go with a 500 amp controller I've been doing some reading on 700 amp i thought, pros/cons?
Brad, again, I'm a newbie,so don't quote me on anything, but I haven't seen much talk of 700amp controllers on 48V setups. I saw some talk about them on some 72V setups. From what I've read, 500 seems to be what most guys are running on lifted 48V stuff. As for the cost of a stock cart, I don't know exactly what I have in mine.I originally bought a Marathon with no batteries for $200, then spent $700 on a set of new ones, then found my txt, bought it, swapped batteries, sold the marathon with the batteries from the txt, and ended up with the txt with brand new batteries. I'd say I'm in it for around $1200 real money, which is GOOD in my opinion. As someone said, if you can find one that needs batteries, you should be able to pick it up very reasonably, then buy the batteries that you want and then you know exactly what you have and how the batteries have been treated. Keep us posted! This should be fun!
Zach Jaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok, headed out this afternoon to look at a very similar txt series cart. Question is if i was going to just go ahead and replace the motor to upgrade I'd be looking at_______________?

Also I think after looking at the rear facing seats that fold back to make a bed I think that is the way I'm going to go.

Also Zach you said your looking to go with a 500 amp controller I've been doing some reading on 700 amp i thought, pros/cons?
as has been said, motor last. you can get more torque and with larger tires still reach 20 mph with a 500 amp controller and 48 volts. check out the packages at "carts unlimited " to get an idea. a mid 2000 series cart will make a great platform, even the earlier ones, but they have different steering which not supposed to be as good.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Good luck with the build and remember to post lots of pics!
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok I tried searching but only found some bits and pieces here or there. So let me explain, I'm bored have money to spend and am looking for a project that takes more then one night to do. So I fell upon the idea of a buggie and here I am. What I'm looking for here is your knowledge in what you would do knowing all you know now. I know I want an electric ez go, you pick the year model that you would pick if starting a new project. I want a nice lift nice tires speed and torque. At this time I'm not looking for 4x4. I'd like a few lights on a top rack and maybe a wench if I got stuck. I think I'd also like a second row of sets but do they have to face backward? Basically list off the buggie and every part you would get for it. I'll find the best price for parts and search for info on each part as far as installation and troubleshooting. I'd love specifics on model/part numbers if you got em. Also idc if we go 48v or 72v whatever y'all think is best. So give me your new build list, I'll piss the UPS man off with deliveries and lets see how the project turns out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad
Any more on your build?
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO