lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Transmission for PDS?

I have been learning tons of great information on this site. I appreciate all the great tips from you experienced members. So here is my next question. Since I have the PDS system with different "chips". Which are just wire jumpers. Would it be possible to have a chip with a pin in each slot and run the wires through a switch mounted on the dash? Then you could select the freedom mode for flat terrain and switch to torque for the steeper hills. In effect, a transmission.
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Transmission for PDS?

It's been done. It is not really so much of a big difference between all the chips... Most people were happy with a freedom chip and then a cut off which gave you 'no chip' or all terrain mode. Note you have to cycle the controller off/on to recognize the new chip. Search eBay and you may find what you want for sale.

Enjoy!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Transmission for PDS?

You can add a SPST switch to each of the two jumper wires on a "Freedem" chip and change to any of the four PDS modes by stopping the cart, putting the Run/Tow switch into Tow, setting those switches to the desired mode and then putting Run/Tow switch back into Run.

By mounting the switches (including the Run/Tow switch) on the dash, you don't have to dismount and lift seat, but you do have to stop.

However, changing the PDS modes only changes the top speed and the amount of Regen braking. I'm pretty sure the torque remains the same.

I only have a switch in the long jumper wire and can switch between the Freedom and the Mild Hill modes.
I can't tell any difference in torque climbing the same steep hill in either mode.

Looks like Scotty snuck in while I was typing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO