lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
kuntekente
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart Runs Slow

Hey guys I have been searching for some answers regarding my 2009 EZ-Go. I just purchased all new batteries thinking I had some issue with my cart and unfortunately it did not work. 48v system and it won't get above 11mph on flat ground. First off what should it do? Second what is a good process to figure it out?

Thanks
kuntekente is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Runs Slow

You did not supply much information to help troubleshoot. Before I would have replaced the batteries I would at least checked the voltage.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
kuntekente
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

radioman sorry about that. I tested the batteries and had mixed results. Two good and two bad. That said I would like to know what it should do in terms of speed. I think mid teens according to what I have heard and read. Not sure where to start.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you checked the battery bank voltage while running since replacing them? The more information you provide helps you get help by more qualified people than myself.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Which model is it? I am assuming rxv since it seems you have 4 batts. Need that info to give you some suggestions.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
kuntekente
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

radioman: I have not checked voltage when under load. I will do that when I get home tonight. (I assume I can do that with a normal voltmeter)

dmi518: The cart is a 2009 EZ-Go RXV Freedom 48v (According to my paperwork)
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
cashfive
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like mine, The problem I have is the setpoint of the controller. My cart came from a golf course and they set the setpoint around 11 to 12 MPH.
cashfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
kuntekente
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I change the Setpoint? The company I bought the cart from tried to reprogram the controller and said it is maxed out.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
kuntekente
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I can't find my digital voltmeter and my analog one is reading all over as i move. its reads 12v still on a single battery. When I read the positive lead and negative on different batteries going to the controller it reads nothing so that must be wrong. I will get a new voltmeter today and report back.

I wonder if it has the 'chip' (the wire jumper) causing it to run slow. How can I tell? Is that a likely candidate?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No jumper, sorry, not that simple. It should be able to hit 14.5 mph if it is truly maxed out in "golf mode". If it doesnt have "freedom mode enabled", it cant be set to 19 mph. This can be done by any dealer if they know how, most dont on the danaher controller. This is not something that can done by the end user/owner, it has to be done by a dealer using a danaher specific handheld programmer (no other way is available i know of). The handheld can set 14.5 mph, it can also unlock freedom mode, but i have been sworn to secrecy on the code.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO