lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #11
xltaylor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Weak turning over/starting

I just went through this, the first thing I did was pull one of the rubber plugs on the starter/gen. to check the brushes and it was full of carbon dust. I've been in the electric motor repair field for about 20 years and the way it was acting was a common sympton of worn brushes. The brushes were barely making contact, the ground brushes tend to wear much faster on dc equipment, mine were wore down and stuck. After a good cleaning and brushes it's like new again.
xltaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good information xltaylor. Thanks!
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 07:56 PM   #13
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Very very old post that I created.. yes I still have it and have added some new parts. Heck some how I forgot I was part of this forum, Im just not into my cart that much but do like to keep it running for work around the yard.

Anyways I haven't been on here in so long I can't even figure out how to start a new thread so I'm posting on my old one which I think was the problem all a long. So I'm here asking you guys.. where is the best place to buy a starter generator that's not wired backwards or some weird thing like I've been reading on reviews? 2001 G16 gas
Dadsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:55 AM   #14
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just another avenue to think about…
If the S/G is rolling the engine over at a decent speed, but it won’t start “under load”, such as uphill, ruts, soft ground, two large passengers, etc, then you may want to consider a crank seal issue.
Mine ran fine taking off on flat concrete or hard dirt, but if I stopped facing uphill, or had the neighbor on board in the grass, it would spin and spin but not catch …until the battery got too weak to even try.
I replaced the crank seals and it has beeen an incredible change for the better. …just sayin’
AGELE55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 02:49 PM   #15
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Agele55, I'll keep that in mind, I found a local rebuild shop and dropped it off. It should be done Tue. maybe Wed. I really think that might have been the culprit, it was hanging on by a thread. Struggled to start right up but once started it ran fine and charged ok.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:53 AM   #16
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadsbaby View Post
Thanks Agele55, I'll keep that in mind, I found a local rebuild shop and dropped it off. It should be done Tue. maybe Wed. I really think that might have been the culprit, it was hanging on by a thread. Struggled to start right up but once started it ran fine and charged ok.
Be sure and let us know how how it turns out. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:57 AM   #17
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Be sure and let us know how how it turns out. Good luck.
Will do!
Old 10-21-2022, 08:40 AM   #18
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadsbaby View Post
Will do!
Case Closed! Yes it was the starter all this time... the hot coming into the starter was fine.. it was inside the starter where the wire is soldered to the terminal was hanging by a thread. It still charged fine and did start but yeah that's where the problem was, no hesitation now! Fires and goes!!👍

If I was any good with electrical I would have done what @Cvans & @cgtech was telling me to check back when but I was sure it was fuel related.. since the choke helped tremendously warm or cold. That's on me! 🙄

Thanks to all for all the help with my cart over the years.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:52 AM   #19
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sweet! Now drive it like you stole it!
Old 10-21-2022, 02:33 PM   #20
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Sweet! Now drive it like you stole it!
Will do! Lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha