lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Floor pan in ( finally )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yep. I bet we've got 1500-2000 cars on the yard. Maybe 4 or 5 of them are DS cars...
And imagine my surprise when I bought my first cart last year (if you could call it that, at the time it was really just a frame) and I thought to myself.. well the front and rear body pieces will be easy to find. Every local dealer got called once a week for two-three months before I finally found the body pieces I got on there. I secretly suspect that they were hoarding them the whole time for future use and just got sick of dealing with me.
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumner121 View Post
And imagine my surprise when I bought my first cart last year (if you could call it that, at the time it was really just a frame) and I thought to myself.. well the front and rear body pieces will be easy to find. Every local dealer got called once a week for two-three months before I finally found the body pieces I got on there. I secretly suspect that they were hoarding them the whole time for future use and just got sick of dealing with me.
LOL. Well if you called here we probably told you the truth. We really don't have them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #13
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok , that went on pretty easy really....I held back on the WD40 and added..........(wait for it..........) a HAIR DRYER!!!.....got that baby pretty warm but not "melty" and it goes over the brake pedal with minimal effort.....go pedal a little tuffer , especially when you get it down at the bottom , still a HUNDRED times easier than laying under there and playing "pedal remove".....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #14
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You don't have to take the pedals out and you don't have to cut anything. Turn the mat upside down on the floor. Spray the heck out of WD-40 all over the back of the mat. Slowly work it over the brake pedal and slide it all the way down. After it's on the brake, twist the entire mat about 45 degrees counter clockwise and wrap it around the accel pedal. Use a large screwdriver to help wrap it. A small one will tear the mat. Once you've wrapped it around the accel pedal, slowly slide it down until it's underneath it. Rotate mat 45 degrees clockwise and sit it down. You're done. I guess I need to video this and post it. It may be a while before I can get a chance though. DS cars are a rarity these days.
Even with the throttle pedal removed on mine and the floor and and brake pedal smothered in wd-40, mine decided to tear. Guess it was time to replace it..
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Even with the throttle pedal removed on mine and the floor and and brake pedal smothered in wd-40, mine decided to tear. Guess it was time to replace it..
It's not uncommon for a used floormat to tear. These days, it's really not uncommon for a new one to tear. The quality of the materials in a DS floormat has gone to absolute rock bottom. When I started working at the dealer in 2001 they never ripped. I don't know what they're doing different now, but they just don't stretch anymore, they just rip.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car