lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 throttle cable question

I had noticed decreased performance on my 1999 Yamaha g16 over the past bit. After taking apart the airbox, carb and floor boards; I found that the throttle cable was stretched at the pedal.

I tightened it up as best as I could at the pedal but I couldn't get the valve in the carb. to open enough with the room I had.

I am thinking I need a new throttle cable; after doing some searching I'm wondering what actual length of cable I need. There appears to be, in the manual or online, 2 different lengths or segments. Anyone know if I need to replace both segments, just 1 or ??

Thanks in advance.
KingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 throttle cable question

There are 2 cables. One from the pedal to the gov, and one from the gov to the carb. Replace them both and never have to do it again.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 throttle cable question

THANK YOU!!! I wasn't quite sure - the lengths didn't seem right individually but now that you say that it makes perfect sense!!!

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
There are 2 cables. One from the pedal to the gov, and one from the gov to the carb. Replace them both and never have to do it again.
KingPin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g16, throttle cable
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha