lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Caneiac
Not Yet Wild

Default MCOR Question

Early 08 Precedent, 4x12 s. From what I've read, I think my mcor might be going bad. Go peddle is a little sluggish when lightly pressed. Works fine when fully pressed. What happens next? Will it stop working all together, or just keep getting worse? Should I replace it now, or wait it out. Thanks
Caneiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Caneiac
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MCOR Question

Anyone?
Old 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now before you get stranded some where.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the variable resistor/potentiometer in the MCOR has dirty spots on it, it will work well in some spots and not in others. Mine has been doing it for a couple of years. What helps mine is before you turn the cart on, work the go pedal up and down about 20 times real fast. I do this about once a month and use the cart every day. It helps clear it up for a while, then when it starts acting up again, do the same thing again. Hope this helps.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Finally, someone with an answer or at least a good suggestion. I posted a similar question weeks ago and no one has answered. Thank you. I will try that as soon as I get home. Better than replacing a $250 MCOR not even knowing if it is the problem. I recently opened up the pedal assembly and cleaned out the debris, lubricated and checked the connections. This seem to help for a few days but it doing exactly what is stated above.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep, it's worth a shot!
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm not apposed to replacing the MCOR if I know it is the problem. Guess I'll find out...
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Don curson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just replaced mine with a mocor 4. 2009 cc precedent. took care of all of my stalling problems, and very easy to replace. go do it now and don't look back.
Don
Don curson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
Caneiac
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate the responses. Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #10
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
If the variable resistor/potentiometer in the MCOR has dirty spots on it, it will work well in some spots and not in others. Mine has been doing it for a couple of years. What helps mine is before you turn the cart on, work the go pedal up and down about 20 times real fast. I do this about once a month and use the cart every day. It helps clear it up for a while, then when it starts acting up again, do the same thing again. Hope this helps.
Tried this and it definitely helped/worked. It also relieved the stiffness in the pedal. Not really sure how or if they are related and maybe just a coincidence. Thank you again. I know for sure to replace this in the near future.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car