lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #1
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight upgrade

I usually don’t drive at night but now the days getting shorter sometimes it’s inevitable, and have used the headlights a couple times so far…and they’re terrible. I can barely see anything when it’s dark out with them on.

I want to upgrade to something with better brightness/range, and have no idea about headlights…I’d assume LED would be the way to go…but there are a lot of different connector types.

Does anyone know what type of connection the icon i60L requires for a ‘plug and play’ led headlight? I really don’t want to take it apart and put back together again just to find out so was hoping there was an easy answer out there so I only have to do the labor once, when I go to replace them. I have fender flares so I would have to take those off, then the wheel well cover, then put it all back just to figure this out.

Anyone replaced theirs and if so, which ones did you use/what type of connection is required?

PS - the dealer suggested a light bar, I really don’t want that, I would rather just a decent headlight, I’m trying to not install new pieces and splicing wires and all that. Plus I don’t like the look of the light bars in general, just my preference.

Thanks!
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Headlight upgrade

Hey Sgremp..

Are you using the dlrs or have you used the driving night light or high beam?

Those do make a difference...just wondering

Best wishes
Happy Cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

I just have whatever came stock on it, no high beams though just regular headlights.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey Sgremp..

When you rotate the head on the "smart stick" there will be an acqua blue
light icon come on...indicating headlight is on...pull the "smart stick" toward
you should enable the highbeam....with a blue icon coming on on your
display ...the high beam is very strong...

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:17 AM   #5
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

thanks I will try but I only see one bulb in the headlight assembly so not sure if it iwll help but will go and try today.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon