lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #111
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: The CLONE engine setup & specs thread

Yes I did, have to get it off my camera and will post it. Nice pretty engine and I took it all apart lol. The guards on the airbox and muffler match now it looked nice. I took photo down the ports too have to see if they show anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BILD0009.jpg (173.9 KB, 11 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #112
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

What kind of engine did you get? So thats the new way its being held on!!!
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #113
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

This one!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #114
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Well thats not a bad price. Maybe i will try that one instead. I like the predator engine because i can just go to the store and get it. But then again if they offer free shipping. As easy as it is to put the clone engine in im suprised that more people dont do it for the price.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #115
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I see why its cheaper it dosnt have a starter on it. I dont think i can get the predator with out the starter. But then again i dont need the starter. I dont even have mine hooked up. I kept the key switch just to be able to kill the engine if i ever need to.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #116
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The elec start one is $329, still not bad. I didn't check but HF prices went way up when they got the new version engine, the old blue ones were cheaper the 5hp was 99 all the time. (I show $349 for the elec start 420cc predator at HF)
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...-202184110-_-N

I don't need the starter either and doubt this will ever come out of the cart again....except to repair/replace. So why get a starter the 3A charging can hardly run the cart anyway, unless they changed that too hard to say.

This has a kill switch you turn. I already have the relay and plug from amazon to put on it. Some say unhook the oil sensor or it goes off on hills, but not had that problem yet with the other clone.

This engine showed up via UPS on the 4th business day after ordering it late at night. Had to pay local sales tax its 6% here so 264 total.

I have to order a timing key, valve springs, header, already ordered some secret parts that may or may not make the stock clutch work better but that is top secret lol. I want to make a new intake and put a different carb on it but I'll get this other important stuff done first can play with carb anytime.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #117
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Someone said HD is out of stock now, they did the same thing last year.

Anyway I got the head off today, see if I can get it to a shop to cut this week. I see some sharp edges in the port maybe they can port it out. The bottom floor is really sharp but not knowing if that hurts flow, have heard its not good. Lot larger ports than G9 I can tell you that.

Also can't see how to fit the barb for the pulse in the cover. I may tap it into the head behind the exhaust spring.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #118
Black Thunder
Not Yet Wild

Speaking of relays from amazon, what's the wiring diagram for that? I need to do this before I use the cart this year.
Black Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #119
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It should be posted in this thread back a little. You run the relay off the pedal switch, I ran it off the hot wire to the coil. On a g9 there is iirc a white/red wire that is the hot one for coil and ignitor when the pedal is pressed it powers the entire ignition and the starter relay. 85/86 on a bosch style relay activate it so one of those to that hot, and other to ground. Relay switches 30 to 87 or 87A. 87A is always connected then turns off when active. So you use 87A and the 30; connect the kill wire on the clone coil to one and engine ground to the other. Most things you use 30 and 87 to connect when active, but this you want killed all the time unless you step on the pedal. So 87A will disconnect the ground from 30 when you hit the pedal and light up the relay, and let it run. This assumes like a G9 the pedal goes 12v positive when pressed to run the cart. If not you may not need a relay, it depends on the ignition the cart used. G2/9 use a 12v powered ignition, the clone like many lawn engine is flywheel powered magneto and only needs a ground to kill it...otherwise it runs by itself anytime. If the clone has a kill switch, you can replace that with the 87A and 30 to the relay. I had the key switch and had to take that apart and test for what wire was what, since they were all black, then tap into them. Key grounds the ignition for off, does nothing for on, and sends 12v to the starter solenoid for start.

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pa...lay_basics.htm
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #120
Black Thunder
Not Yet Wild

Mines a g9. I ripped the ignition off the engine already. Only left the ground to kill the engine.
Black Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha