lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default 95 dcs

I have a 95 DCS with an aftermarket shifter that eliminated the shift board. Guy drilled into the top strut to mount a mirror and hit the wires for an aftermarket LED light bar. The car will not run , and when you put it in run the reverse buzzer beeps (1 per second in perpetuity, lol). When you press the ACC pedal the solenoid will energize and close (clicks) but the car will not run, and the beeping of the reverse buzzer stops.

So far the controller tests fine, the solenoid and resistor test normal, basically in following all the tests they come back normal.

Any help to lead me how to get this running again?
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 dcs

Here are some pictures to help. I’ve tried a new key switch as well. The light bar was wired into the switch for power and to allow it to be a keyed light. It made no change, then I eliminated the connections for the light bar and wired the key back direct like it would have been. The car still just beeps when the key is on and it is in run, press the pedal and the solenoid will activate and the beeping stops, however the car won’t run and the solenoid will not disengage upon releasing the pedal… it will only disengage when you put the car back in tow/main. mode.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #3
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Any ideas?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Have you checked the acc pedal micro switch? Power goes from the key to the micro switch and when opened should activate the solenoid. Seeing as the solenoid disengages only when you put it in tow which kills power to the key switch and micro. If the light bar was wired to the key switch and it shorted by drilling thru it it could have damaged the micro switch.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #5
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott quail View Post
Have you checked the acc pedal micro switch? Power goes from the key to the micro switch and when opened should activate the solenoid. Seeing as the solenoid disengages only when you put it in tow which kills power to the key switch and micro. If the light bar was wired to the key switch and it shorted by drilling thru it it could have damaged the micro switch.
Thank you for the reply! I have tried a new one as well as a new key switch as well. Still get the same issue with those. The original microswitch was bent bad, but working so it was actually good to go ahead and replace it.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
Scott quail
Gone Wild

judging by the picture of the key switch it seems like the wires are in the wrong place. The yellow wire should be on the B post and the yellow and white wire should be on the I post. The reds are the accessory wires. Try putting the yellow wire on the B post to the left of the yellow and white wire.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Key diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EB194AE6-FBD7-4304-B38E-5808C00774A7.jpeg (40.6 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #8
Bob-0
Gone Wild

I switched the wires around, but I get the same result. It starts beeping as soon as you put it in run (direction selector position doesn’t matter), and when I depress the pedal the solenoid clicks and the beeping stops, however, when I release the pedal the solenoid stays engaged. I can move the direction selector to “neutral” and it will begin beeping and disengage the solenoid (or I can put it back in tow and it will make a quick beep and disengage the solenoid). I can move it to reverse (without going to tow) and the beeping will also continue until I press the pedal when the solenoid will click and the reverse buzzer will come on steady and I can only get the solenoid to disengage the solenoid by either going to “nuetral” (beeping starts again) or going to tow on the tow/maintenance switch.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:27 PM   #9
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Looks like I may have to rewire the car from the cowl back. I must have a good one this time, lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO