lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
ozarkduffer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Fuel Problems

I AM BEGGING FOR HELP PLEASE.I HAVE A 13HP CLONE GREYHOUND FROM HARBOR FTG. HOW DOES EVERYBODY SET UP THERE FUEL SYSTEM? VACUUM OR ELECTRIC PUMP? CAME WITH GRAVITY FLOW TANK AND CAN NOT USE BECAUSE OF SPACE.WOULD LIKE TO USE STOCK TANK.NO PORT FOR VACUUM-INSTALLED ELECTRIC PUMP 1-3 PSI 1/4" FUEL LINE TO CARB.NO RETURN LINE SO CAME OFF CARB BOWL WITH 1/4" LINE TO TANK.GAS COMING OUT OF BOLT THAT HOLDS BOWL ON & AND AROUND FUEL LINE ON THE RETURN TO TANK AND THE LINE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO PUSH UP TO TANK.ALSO WILL NOT PUSH FUEL BACK TO TANK ON A UP A ANGLE TO TOP OF TANK. WILL HALF WAY RUN WITH HOSE IN A CAN IN FLOOR BUT HAVE TO RUN ON 1/2 CHOKE. I FRIST USED 1/4" LINE FOR RETURN THEN 5/16" THEN 3/8" BACK TO TANK,THOUGHT TO MUCH PRESSURE ON RETURN LINE SO WENT TO THE LARGER SIZES.IS 1-3 PSI TO MUCH FOR THIS SET UP?I AM ABOUT TO GO NUTS HERE.MAY BE I AM A DUMMY AND MISSING SOMETHING HERE.PLEASE OR IS THERE A WAY TO DO THE VACUUM PUMP THING ON THE ENGINE.HELP PLEASE-OZARKDUFFER
ozarkduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel Problems

I had a similar problem with a clone engine I tried the electric fuel pump but it kept over powering the float so finally invested in an inline pressure reducer. When dialed down to about 1/2 pound it ran good. But I think the vacuum could have been used and been simpler and cheaper.....

P.S. Please turn off the cap locks...... it is too hard to read.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I can't help but I would check that oil is not full of gas.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't want to ruin your reputation Dooms but..........That is helpful
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
ozarkduffer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

thanks for the reply but still don`t know what to do. scottyb how can i set up a vacuum supply on this or is there away.i am to the point that i have to do something. i may have to find a inline pressure reducer.this fuel problem and paint is all that is stopping my build.thanx for all the help.everyone here is a great help: hope i will get it some day.also sorry about the caps. i was at work and did not notice it was on. upset with this deal. thanx again-ozarkdufffer p.s. dooms thanx for the tip on the oil-fuel in the crank case.that would be a big problem. have a good day-thanx
Old 12-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
cibach
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope you get it figured out... someone here should be able to get you going!!!
cibach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Can you "T" the line before the carb and return one side to the tank, so that the carb will only take what it needs? I'm a little confused about "not having enough pressure to push up at an angle"? That pump should have the power to do that.......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Back to first post(gas coming out around bolt that hold bowl on) I would pull that clones carb and look every thing over. New these days ain't allways done right.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
ozarkduffer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

thanx everyone,i knew someone could help.i will check every thing and put a tee inline before carb-thanx flintrock.i will try that tomarrow and let all know.maybe with all`s i will get this american pride going after all.thanx a million all,have a great day - ozark
Old 12-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
ozarkduffer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

flintrock your the man.tee`d in like you said fired up runs good and no leaks.thanx to you and everybody else here.this site is the best.hope to be able to someone someday.will post some pics when done.thanx a million all-have a good night,ozark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!