lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
10Scruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default need info/gen. help for jacobsen w/295 gas cart

Hi, I have a 1993 Jacobsen 810 express utility cart with the robin 295 engine that has lights and a manual dump bed. I bought it used so I'm not sure if anything has been modified. It did run okay except I had to charge the battery once. I was using it one day to haul a large tube tv to the garage and everything worked fine except I noticed the lights didn't come on. A month or so later I was going to move the tv again so I went to start the cart and nothing happened. I figured it was the battery so I put it on the charger and it said it was full. I hooked it back up and again it didn't try to start, but I did check reverse and had my backup beeper. I haven't done anything to it so I'm sure I have to recheck/recharge the battery before I try anything else.

I'm kind of sorry I didn't buy the Jacobsen manual even though it was $125, but I went with the ez go manual with some of the basic maintenance info I could do myself as I was working at a place where a friend worked on their cart and other equipment and could handle the repair side. He since moved and I haven't been able to get in touch.

First ?: I'd like to know if anyone knows what amp fuses are used in this (in case I can't read any of these) ? I didn't pull any of the fuses yet, but I have a fuse box and 3 of 5 slots are used, and I saw 1 inline, but I really need to look in the daytime to see if I missed anything.

Second ?: Since it ran till the next time I tried to start it and the battery was fine, what should be the first few things to look at? I'm not too mechanical myself but might have someone to help me with some of the simpler checks. Thanks in advance for any help.
10Scruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: need info/gen. help for jacobsen w/295 gas cart

check for bad grounds or loose/corroded connections.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
10Scruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need info/gen. help for jacobsen w/295 gas cart

I made it as far as checking the fuses that were in it and all are checking out okay. I can't really read two of them but they have been in the whole time when the lights worked and it was running fine there for a while. I didn't catch in the 810 parts list a very detailed drawing of the fuse locations/values so I might check to see if it was possibly a service manual (the one that the closest Jacobsen dealer said cost 125) that had it in. I'll try to check out the connections when I pop out the battery and put it on the charger. If they seem okay, where would be the next place(s) to look?

As I mentioned, I did not touch anything, just drove it, parked it, and the next time I went to start there was no attempt to start where before it was starting fine except the time the battery needed charged. Thanks for any/all help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030 (2).jpg (104.6 KB, 11 views)
10Scruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO