lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
melanie meeks
Not Yet Wild

Default 90gas carryall fires sometimes jiggle rpm limiter

I am new here, and just bought a 90 carryall and it ran ok when I bought it. It didn't want to run a few days later and decided the starter needed rebuilding. Did that ,still no fire. Checked all wires and switches , seems ok. Then I jiggle this black box under moter and voila it fires for a day then quits again. Ok, I dont know what this thing is until I find your site and start looking at OPPs and discover it is an rpm limiter and it looks more like a 92 than a 90 like it should be. I then look them up on some parts sites and just about crap when I see the price. Could I bypass it altogether or will I have to buy one? I see them on ebay. I want to know why that part is so expensive compared to other ignition parts, and whether a 92 part is the problem on a 90 or whether it is ok. The one for 90 costs more than 92 also. what do you guys think.
melanie meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 90gas carryall fires sometimes jiggle rpm limiter

There is a ground wire on the top left mounting screw ( on my 2001 ) disconnect it and tape it. Now put a tackometer on it and make sure you don not rev it more than 4000 RPM. The rev limiter is there for a reason, to keep you from damaging the engine. Oh and welcome to Buggies Gone Wild.

Jimmie
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
melanie meeks
Not Yet Wild

Thanks jimmy. I'll try that groung wire remedy. I like this Buggies Gone wild . It's a great tool for us learners.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
vzdude
Gone Wild

Also read the stickies to determine the year of your cart for sure. Previous owner may not know what he had for sure!

And Welcome to the board!
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
melanie meeks
Not Yet Wild

So far so good. I taped up the groung wire and it has cranked every time so far. It also has a little more power. I cant go but so fast any way on our farm so I dont think I have to worry about blowing it up. Thanks a billion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car