lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #31
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

The belt might be dirty & glazed up due to heat & dirt. Wipe it down pretty good with solvent or paint thinner. Then use a medium sand paper or steel wool on bottom & both sides of belt. You might wipe down the interior of the pulleys as well.Give it a try to see if this helps. If no better check the drive for lube.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Just got back from the motorcycle rally over the weekend & had a blast! Rained pretty hard Saturday and turned the campground into a mudfest! Lots of carts got stuck in the 2-5" of the soupy, slippery mess. I struggled a bit myself, but never got stuck. I think the ATV's had the most fun! My cart doesn't look that bad considering how muddy it was. Snapped a couple pic's before getting the power washer out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_43791.jpg (282.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_43801.jpg (238.0 KB, 50 views)
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Looks like you had fun. The tail lights look good. Did you get some new rims?
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #34
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
Looks like you had fun. The tail lights look good. Did you get some new rims?
My neighbor bought some new wheels and tires for his EZgo, so sold me these for $300. I ended up getting $150 for my old set on CL, so am happy with the way it turned out. I bought a billet steering wheel adapter the other day with some ebay bucks I had. Looking around the net for a steering wheel now. Yeah I like these tail lights much better then the round ones I had. These are defeniatly brighter.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #35
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

What size tires are they? They look alot bigger. I just got the blue cart back this weekend and finishing things on it. I needed to do the clear coat on it and wire all the lights up on it. I put some chrome trim on it also and it made it look even better. The cart belongs to my wifes mom now and she like having things done to it. Her husband is a big time dodge guy. He just picked up some old 1954 dodge car with a hemi in it. Any time he tries to snoop around the golf cart she tells him to get away from it. We will be taking alot of pictures of it before i send it back over to her. I need to figure out what im going to do under the seat where the forward and revese lever is. It looks bad right their, i primed it gray and i dont know if i should pull the foam off or not. Some of the foam is gone because some rodent needed a home.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #36
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

They are just a tad taller because of the tread design but still stamped the same size. I think they look bigger because my old rims were 10" and these new ones are 8" having more sidewall. You'll have to show me some pic's of the chrome trim, I'm all about that...lol Are you just talking about the metal frame that looks bad? or the foam itself?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #37
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

its the foam that looks bad, i need some ideas on what to do to make it look good. this cart is garage kept and only driven on the road. it never see's mud or rain. she has carpet down that she parks the cart on.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #38
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

You dont live that far from us. Its a 9 1/2 hour ride to indianapolis from us so it looks like about 8 from where you are and even closer if you go threw canada. Map quest says its 486 miles.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #39
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
its the foam that looks bad, i need some ideas on what to do to make it look good. this cart is garage kept and only driven on the road. it never see's mud or rain. she has carpet down that she parks the cart on.
This stuff looks like it might work good. Comes in 2' x 25' rolls. You could get the foil tape as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BP24025.jpg (39.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #40
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I wonder if they have that at advance auto.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha