lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #121
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

The 2011 carts didnt have any grease points i dont believe but i could be wrong. They had the older style team clutches. The drain bolt for the transaxle is on the bottom. Ill try to get under my cart and snap a picture by the end of the day for you. The brakes are inside the transaxle and should never need changing. The fuel filter is easy to change. Good choice with the mibil 1 10w30. Air filter and spark plug are easy to change as well. You can jack the cart up and check the wheel bearings while your at it for excessive play. Also your belt needs to be at least 1" wide or your performnace will suffer and it will start putting grooves in your clutch sheeves. Theres really not much to maintain on these carts. Really the two most important items are the air filter and clean oil.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #122
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The drain plug is the shiny silver plug in the picture. It takes a metric Allen wrench to remove. On the driver side of the transaxle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #123
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks for the photo dbmachine!

i'll check the bearings when I have it in the garage.

anything on these that I should keep an eye on that could be an issue?

looking for items to tackle in the off season so the cart can do its job during the summer...

nothing worse that getting the call from the wife that the cart don't work.... and I'm 2 hours away during the week...

thanks again
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #124
dbmachine
Gone Wild

If you dont know the previous history of the cart it wouldnt hurt to pull the carb for a thorough cleaning.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #125
Vspin1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2010 Drive and am looking for a storage cover but size wise I'm having trouble finding what I think would be a good fit. She's stock right now but think I may add some 10" wheels and 20" tires this winter. She's just a golf course rig so most upgrades will be more cosmetic than performance but I imagine I will make an adjustment to the governor to get a few more mph.

Thanks for any info and glad I found this place.
Vspin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #126
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I really like the "classic accessories" one i have. I have a small utility box & it still fits fine. If i had stock suspension & tires, it might cover the tires too. (not sure, mine didnt stay stock long, long before i had a cover)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140715_220950_598.jpg (49.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #127
Vspin1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've been looking and I think I will get the Classic Accessories Fairway quick-fit. Found it over on Amazon for $59 with free Prime shipping. Looks like they make some well fitting seat covers too probably pick up a set of those. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Vspin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #128
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

no jakes A-arm lift kit for a G29?

camping is over and I'm starting the winter project of getting a lift/tires for the wife's g29.

I was planning on getting an A-arm lift kit by Jakes' only to find that they don't make one for the G29.. only the long travel kit which is not what I want.

I see ROHOX and MADJAX make a 6" a-arm kit for the G29... any input on how either of these two perform?

I may have to go to the spindle lift kit... we do only use the cart 90% of the time at the campground at low speeds.. but when at home I have some trails to cruise and may open it up.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #129
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Installed a RHOX, steering locks when in reverse (have to get off cart & move tire). Obviously, that came back off, now a Jakes spindle kit is on there. Jakes a-arm kit is available for most yamahas Without rack & pinion steering (not G22 & drive).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #130
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

"ethanol free" or "recreational fuel" is becoming readily available in my area. Have heard its recommended for any carborated engine that doesn't run on a regular basis i.e. lawn mower, chain saws... because ethanol will collect moisture and cause things to "gum up"

anyone have any input or does anyone run this type of fuel through their cart?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha