lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2020, 08:37 PM   #331
noyz1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

looking for information on g29 gas cart wet brake replacement. Just got the cart & brakes are shot. no adjustment left. cant find any info on "team" differential brake replacement
noyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #332
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A couple of years age I started hearing that squawk noise when coming to a stop. It turned out that the wet breaks in the rear end were on their way out. After checking on how muck it was going to cost to rebuild the break system 3/4 the cost to a new rear axle and with the age of my fleet cart I decided to replace it with a new rear axle $800. I have heard the just changing the disc pads might do the job but I decided to replace a worn rear axle. To help prevent excessive wear on the rear brakes I installed Jake's disk breaks on the front. It will stop on a dime now.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #333
toby here
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_MAGA View Post
I am new to golf cart ownership overall after getting a 2014 G29 just over a week ago. I am having the hardest time finding a lift kit on any and all sites. At this point I might as well wait for stock to increase this winter (Northern Illinois). Does anyone have a “go-to” online store for their G29 parts/accessories? Thank you!
I looked long and hard for a lift kit for my G 29 and everyone is definitely out of stock. I ended up getting lucky and saw a cart listed for sale and in the description it said it came with a 6“ lift installed and also a 3“ Jakes lift kit was included. Ask the guy if he‘d sell the 3“ separately and got it for $100. Had to drive an hour each way but was well worth it. Im happy with this kit and had one on order directly with Jakes (which I’ve since cancelled), but I recommend ordering from them. Was a 6 week back order at the time. Good luck!
toby here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #334
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

what is the size of the bolt that is used to hold on the driven (jw8 fbt) driven clutch on a Team rear axle. It looks like the bolt separated about a half inch down inside the output shaft. I will be drilling it out and using an ezout to remove the broke off end.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #335
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

90105-08002-00 BOLT, FLANGE

I can tell by that part number, it has 8mm thread diameter. I cant decode pitch from that number. (But I'd guess its 1.25).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #336
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Cgtech thanks for your help.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:08 AM   #337
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=139296

A little yamaha part number info. I really appreciate how good they were about that.
It's not perfectly adhered to now days, and a few dont follow it at all (usually bolts used in assemblies that were sourced from other places). But, just the part number will often at least steer you in the right direction. The old yamaha engineers & parts guys were no dummies.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #338
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

cgtech I was able to order the flange bolt and the washer from boats.net but they didn't list the collar (JW8-G5697-20-00). If I knew how long it was I could turn one out on my small lathe. If you or anyone else could give me that measurement I could finish this repair.

Thanks
Robert
Old 08-28-2020, 05:02 AM   #339
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I was able to remove the 1/4” long piece of bolt from the input shaft. I was able to turn out a collar out of some 3/4” bar stock also. I will keep an eye on the repair to see how it holds up in the long run.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:32 PM   #340
FiddyK
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hello folks, new to the golf cart world. Recently picked up a 2016 G29 gasser. Dealer did all the work, 4" lift, wheels/tires, Havoc body kit, rear seat, extended roof, etc. I'll be adding a few things, but it GPSs at 23mph right now. Plenty happy with the cart for neighborhood trolling.

I'll post pics when I'm "legal...."
FiddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha