lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
wagonburnerek
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool XCT alltrax wiring

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with xct 500 amp controller for a 2009 precedent i2. I followed the diagram on the money and after final completion my cart was running backwards when in forward and vice versa. The blue wire is supposed to be forward and the orange is reverse. Diagram has blue to f2 which should be f1 on the motor and then to f2 on the controller. I would put the cart in forward with the switch and the reverse buzzer would come on. Moved wires on the switch and no matter what I did the reverse buzzer came on when moving forward. I also had only maybe 8 mph going forward. Did the color swap on the motor with blue and orange and presto. Buzzer comes on when in reverse and I have about 20 plus MPH going forward. Other issue was my green and white wire. Alltrax says to use green wire to M- and white to B+ with the jumper from B + to the solenoid but my jumper is built into the green wire so I had to flip these wires to the correct connection as well. Just a little concerned that the alltrax wiring diagram would be so far off or my precedent is a one off wiring situation on its on.
wagonburnerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: XCT alltrax wiring

Did you purchase the correct alltrax kit for,your IQ cart?
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Swap the F1 and F2 wires. Alltrax's diagram is based on an E-Z-Go motor configuration where the motor sits on the opposite side of the differential. If you'll swap these two wires you'll be good to go.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep! The instructions for club car are reversed. Switch f1 and f2 like David said and you'll be golden!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh and BTW, replace all your stock 6ga wires with 2g all the way back to the motor before you smoke something.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had the same issue and when I called them and questioned it they assured me that it was correct , but it is just simply reversed. Hard to see how a manufacturer can not correct this?
Bundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundi View Post
I had the same issue and when I called them and questioned it they assured me that it was correct , but it is just simply reversed. Hard to see how a manufacturer can not correct this?
The new manuals are being delivered with fresh stock. A few typos have been repaired like the F1 and F2 error mentioned above and the blink code 5 & 7 have been properly swapped to show CC = 7 and Yamaha = 5, not vise versa. Also the FNKS port has been added on XCT control diagrams.
It may take a while for the old manuals (and old stock) to run out.

I am offering a 3 position key switch lock control for the XCT 3 modes of operation, perfect for kiddies or a shared cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car