lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #11
hypermike
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EC25DS runs great in reverse, not so great forward

IT RUNS!!! and it runs awesome now. You just might be able to relate how happy I am to get to type that!!!
Completely rebuilt my EC25DS engine (with internal starter generator) and I replaced everything you can except for the fuel pump. Cylinder-make sure port is facing down to exhaust!, piston, rings, points and condenser, coil, spark plug and wire, crank seals and bearings, stator brushes, choke cable, clutch, carbs-yes more than one-explanation below and finally a new battery. This cart was given to me and I had next to no money in it so I figured a complete rebuild would be worth it.
I commented before about it running better in reverse than forward (have read on these forums that this is somewhat common) and think that maybe this may have contributed. Check your stator brushes, I ended up finding 3 out of the 4 leads into the brushes were loose. Replaced them and the forward /reverse thing was better now but it would still backfire occasionally (I figured this was just timing) and through the expertise of my local buggy guys-thanks Doug and Richard at Duggies Buggies here in Lethbridge-he explained to me that bad backfires can sometimes blow the needle valve/seat in the carb, turns out mine did and before I changed it, fuel would puke out the overflow hose like crazy which led him to that diagnosis. I have read on here that bad backfires can also blow the diaphragm in your fuel pump so I took mine apart (3 different times) and found diaphragms ok.
I replaced the carb (again) and it came back to life but not totally-still lacked power. Long story short the new condenser that I replaced way back (I’ll be totally honest-about 100 hours in the garage ago) was bad. Throughout many of those hours I kept thinking that the spark was weak and had no one to tell me yes or no so I thought the spark was ok. Almost giving up, I took my cart to Duggies and they concluded I had done everything right and it had to be the condenser. They were right! I replaced the condenser yesterday and now it runs like new-both forward and reverse. Had to do a little tweaking with the timing and now color me a happy guy. It’s FINALLY running and running great. If I can offer up any advice, shoot me a reply and will do my best to explain what I did and hopefully can help you!!
hypermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2016, 12:06 AM   #12
Big E6
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

May I be the first to congratulate you on your preference and success.

Its the little things that so many times throw up the biggest obstacles.

My new model in life is "Don't try to reinvent the wheel"
Big E6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #13
hypermike
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Big E, appreciate the comment!!
hypermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO